The Nurse Residency Program at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, is a year-long training program that provides you an additional opportunity as a newly licensed nurse to develop your leadership skills and receive support during your transition from student nurse to competent professional nurse.
Participation in the Nurse Residency Program is an investment in yourself and in your future as a nurse leader at Mayo Clinic.
Highlights of the program include:
- Monthly learning sessions
- Group discussions
- Transition support from peers and program leaders
- Active learning methods
- Group and/or individual evidence-based practice projects
All newly licensed nurses employed at Mayo Clinic receive a comprehensive orientation that prepares them for practicing in their nursing specialty environment. The Nurse Residency Program is an additional opportunity to participate in a rigorous training program that will help you build your leadership and professional skills as well as provide supplemental transition support during the first year of your career.
All registered nurses with an associate degree or higher and less than 12 months of practice experience as a registered nurse who are hired to a scheduled FTE position (not a supplemental position) participate in the Nurse Residency Program. No action is required on your part to join the program.
- Transition from an entry-level, advanced beginner nurse to competent professional nurse who provides safe, quality care
- Develop effective decision-making skills related to clinical judgment and performance
- Develop strategies to incorporate research-based and other evidence into practice
- Develop clinical leadership skills at the point of patient care
- Formulate an individual career plan that promotes a lifelong commitment to professional nursing
Eligible candidates for the Nurse Residency Program are individuals who are:
- A newly licensed RN with less than 12 months of RN experience.
- Hired to a scheduled FTE position within the Department of Nursing at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. (Those in supplemental status do not qualify.)
Program cohorts start several times a year. You will be assigned to a cohort according to the day you begin your employment at Mayo Clinic.
- Nurse Residency Program
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota