Attendant Aide - Operating RoomJob ID 200022BR Date posted 02/25/2023
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Full Time
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2021-2022) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
- The attendant aide assists the nursing staff with delegated tasks of indirect and direct patient care which support and complement nursing practice under the supervision of a registered nurse in the operating room arena.
- Actively participates as a member of the patient care team maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
- Perform job duties to support patient care under the direction of nursing staff and able to function independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Serves as courier for the surgical department i.e. obtaining and returning blood products, obtaining beds for patient transfer, and transports specimens to the lab in compliance with The College of American Pathologists and The Joint Commission guidelines.
- Cleans and maintains assigned items and areas to facilitate smooth daily operations.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in the surgical department/suites following Joint Commission and AORN/Infection control guidelines.
- Assist circulator nurse, surgical team, and physician as needed with patient positioning, and providing patient dignity and privacy during transport, and transfer.
- Works closely with the nursing staff, scrub techs, Nurse Anesthetist, Surgeon, and Anesthesiologist.
- Must be flexible to changing priorities and handle changing workflows.
- Participate in Commitment to Safety by providing and collecting data to improve patient/staff safety and OR efficiencies.
High school diploma or GED.
Demonstrate age-related competency by completion of required education and post-test. Demonstrate appropriate working knowledge of specialty equipment. Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient-care setting. Strong communication and computer skills. Knowledge of medical terminology and general hospital/clinic procedures preferred.
License or certification
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
Monday-Friday, shifts vary
Call weekends and Holidays
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less than 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.