Imagine yourself in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll work alongside world-renowned experts, learn new things every day, treat conditions that few medical professionals ever encounter, and have a vast range of career paths to choose from. Now imagine that in addition to all this, you have the chance to change lives every day. That’s what it means to be an Advanced Practice Provider at Mayo Clinic.
Department:Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
At Mayo Clinic, you will experience:
- The highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. We will do everything in our power to help you deliver the world’s finest care for our patients.
- Variety and Exposure that is second to none. Our hospital offers over 40 anesthesia sites covering a full range of clinical specialties, giving you access and exposure to a wide variety of cases and specialties including transplants. No obstetrics, pediatrics or trauma.
- Work/Life Balance: Pager call is minimal with self- scheduling options
- Minimal call and 16 hour shifts available during the week
- Professional Growth and Unlimited Career Opportunities. We invest in you. On-site education and in-service opportunities make it possible for you to meet re-licensure needs while expanding your professional knowledge and skills. Backed by Mayo’s commitment to education and professional development, you will be empowered to pursue opportunities in management, education, process improvement, and research.
- Empowerment and Collaboration. Working in a team setting you will plan the anesthesia care with competence, compassion, and accountability. You will be empowered to make decisions not only in patient care but in numerous clinic teams where you will have the opportunity to broadly affect patient care, education and research. You’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation funds available, based on distance moving, and payable with your first paycheck
- Accrue up to 28 days of Paid Time Off per year, which can be carried over from year-to-year.
- Generous CME benefit (dollars and days away in addition to PTO)
- World-class retirement benefits, including fully employer-funded pension plan and 403(b) with employer match
- Flexible choice options for Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer paid short and long term disability, life insurance
Must be a Registered Nurse who has completed a formal program in Nurse Anesthesia.
Board Certification through the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists or eligibility to take certifying exam required. MSN required, DNP preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
The Life Changers
Our Mayo Clinic patient focused integrated care model depends critically on the expertise and input of our advanced practice providers. They are treasured members of our teams, who develop deep and compassionate relationships with their patients, their colleagues, and their communities.”Robert C. Albright Jr. D.O.,
Regional Vice President
Pension & 403(b)/401(k) Match
Continuing Medical Education
Paid Time Off & Disability
Choose From a Wide Number of Specialties and Settings
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
Why you shouldn’t forgo your second COVID-19 vaccine dose
More than 35% of the U.S. population is fully vaccinated for COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease…
Mayo Clinic COVID-19 vaccination plans for children 12 and older
You may have heard that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has expanded the emergency…
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.