Be challenged to deliver innovative solutions that will change health care.
Mayo Clinic’s tech culture is rooted in passion for technology, embraces innovative thinking and strives for high performance. Our teams drive change in health care through comprehensive connected health and digital transformation strategies.
Some examples of our major initiatives are:
- Utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning principles to develop next generation patient centric care systems
- Transforming the practice by applying data science techniques to discover new approaches to health care delivery
- Leveraging Enterprise Architecture to construct integration centricity, promote data liquidity, and provide innovation support
This transformation creates, connects and applies integrated knowledge to deliver the best health care, health guidance and health information to patients, customers, partners, providers, employees anywhere and anytime so the needs of the patient come first.
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2021-2022) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The Development Shared Services (DSS) Section of the Enterprise Technology Services Division of Mayo Clinic is seeking an experienced Solution Architect, to join our team through a full time IT Application Architect position. You would support DSS project intake to understand technical requirements and formulate a high-level architecture solution. You would support DSS Agile Scrum teams in delivery of the solution architecture, and to some extent the application architecture, as necessary adjustments need to be made along the way. See details below.
This position will provide direction and guidance for software engineering and architecture concerns in DSS. Working with a team of DSS Solution Architects, it is imperative to build credibility, respect and understanding with all areas of Mayo Clinic, Mayo partners, and vendors.
As part of this position you will be expected to:
- Describe technology engagements, and enable DSS/development teams to understand what is being asked of them
- Monitor progress through solution realization, and make sure that surprises are minimized during execution and/or make necessary adjustments based on what is learned along the way
- Document, catalog, and evangelize common application patterns that surface during projects
- Explore opportunities by researching Mayo capabilities, and partnering with areas across the enterprise including Practice and Technology
- Work closely with the DSS chief architect, and escalate concerns as appropriate
- Understand and apply concepts of enterprise architecture to ensure systems align, adhere, and integrate within Mayo Information Technology enterprise environment
- Prepare necessary documentation and facilitate system technical reviews within the institution to ensure appropriate technical architecture approvals and design standards
Required Skills or Experience:
- Strong skills with a mentor/coach mindset
- Strong experience collaborating with teams and customers to understand their concerns, and seek the best opportunities for solutions
- Strong development background with knowledge in application, database, and system design
- Strong Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead others through the transition to clarity
- Strong passion for process improvement, and automation
- Strong experience with automated testing, monitoring, and measuring tools
- Strong desire for continuous learning
- Knowledgeable in and applies a broad range of current technologies and recognizes how they fit into Mayo’s environment.
- Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies to provide or improve application architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Accountable for the on-time completion of tasks and projects as assigned, demonstrating a commitment to meet deadlines and priorities
- Toolbox of design/architecture modeling techniques
- Strong organizational skills
- Background in agile concepts
- Experience with Architectural frameworks – such as TOGAF
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience OR Bachelor Degree with 8 years’ experience. Experience to include demonstration of the following areas: operations analysis, information systems implementation, system architecture, and systems analysis.
Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. Citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee, or asylee). Also, Mayo Clinic does not participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program.
Vendor application certification may be required.
$102,211.20 - $143,104.00/ year
Hours / Pay period
Monday through Friday normal working hours.
Some on-call may be required.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Discover unlimited opportunities. Your IT career may start as a Help Desk Specialist or Work Station Technician, an intern, or entry-level Analyst/Programmer and develop into a mid- or senior-level technical position. You may choose to grow laterally as a technical expert, learning and supporting many different aspects of IT services. Or you may choose to become part of the leadership team.
- Business Relationship Management
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project Management and Systems Analysis
The Life Changers
When you choose an IT career with Mayo Clinic you will have an opportunity to engage with new and innovative solutions which will improve quality of life and patient outcomes. You will partner with brilliant Physicians and Scientists to help drive translational medicine in a fast-paced environment where creativity, energy, and dedication will result in success.”Marie Koctecki
Senior Manager, IT Service Delivery
Over the span of my career, I have worked in multiple divisions across IT and have now advanced to a Service Delivery Manager role, managing a Project Management Office (PMO). The opportunities within the department of IT are vast. I have been able to gain my Project Management Professional (PMP) certification as well as my Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification while at Mayo Clinic.”Betty Hutchins
Manager, IT Service Delivery
I appreciate the breadth of career paths within IT and the ability to branch out and diversify my professional expertise while remaining with Mayo Clinic. The diverse backgrounds and depth of expertise of my coworkers is an attribute of Mayo’s unique culture; I enjoy the opportunity to work with so many world-renowned experts and thought leaders across a wide array of professions.”Samanthie Epps
Manager, IT Speciality Systems
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
Mayo Clinic Laboratories uses enhanced technology to safeguard patient specimens
To improve specimen safety and tracking, Mayo Clinic Laboratories is using an enhanced form of radio-frequency...
Mayo Clinic and vMocion Introduce Technology which Creates the Sensation of Motion, Transforming Vir
Mayo Clinic and vMocion, LLC, an entertainment technology company, today announced it is making...