Be challenged to deliver innovative solutions that will change health care.
Mayo Clinic’s tech culture is rooted in passion for technology, embraces innovative thinking and strives for high performance. Our teams drive change in health care through comprehensive connected health and digital transformation strategies.
Some examples of our major initiatives are:
- Utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning principles to develop next generation patient centric care systems
- Transforming the practice by applying data science techniques to discover new approaches to health care delivery
- Leveraging Enterprise Architecture to construct integration centricity, promote data liquidity, and provide innovation support
This transformation creates, connects and applies integrated knowledge to deliver the best health care, health guidance and health information to patients, customers, partners, providers, employees anywhere and anytime so the needs of the patient come first.
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Mayo Clinic is seeking an experienced Sr. Digital Architect - Emerging Products to serve as the most senior technology leader supporting our Emerging Products team within our Consumer Product and Platform organization.
• Primarily focus on the next level technical architecture at both the enterprise and application level in support of the future product architecture, in partnership with the Vice Chair of Emerging Products and the Enterprise Solution Architect colleague in our IT organization.
• Hands-on directing internal and external engineering teams to successfully implement new product prototypes that seek to leap forward in Mayo Clinic’s digital experience for patients, physicians and other key audience groups.
• Contribute to design and architecture discussions and collaborate with Mayo Clinic Enterprise Architects to ensure consistency in systems design principles across Mayo Clinic systems.
• Define appropriate technology and workflow for product implementation in Mayo Clinic Cloud based on Google GCP technologies.
• Ensure all appropriate documentation of processes and product architecture is created and maintained.
• Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, executives and customers throughout the organization.
• Participate in expert level troubleshooting and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data and system investigation.
• See the "big picture" and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team while suggesting approaches to minimize cost.
• Continually build on skills and knowledge for providing future direction and decisions.
• Act as a resource and provide guidance and coaching to team members with less experience.
• Promote the adoption of best practices.
• Give and welcome feedback, builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
• Foresee and avert problems
• Provide estimates covering large, complex technical undertakings
• Successfully communicate concepts and guidelines to development team
• Solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
• Work independently with minimal guidance. You may lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
• Collaborate with engineering, leaders and teams to determine requirements for new software or applications
• Work closely with the Product Owners, Product Managers, Software and Data Engineers to design the systems architecture needed to support consumer product requirements.
• Able to develop high-level product specification with attention to feasibility and cost
• Excellent knowledge of design and architecture in the cloud with an emphasis on Google GCP.
• Ability to develop a unified and scalable vision for software development
• Understands underlying business problems and able to suggest technical solutions
• Strong leadership skills
• Highly organized
• Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
• Professional Experience in developing and maintaining HPC systems
• Familiarity with handling large amounts of data using systems based on databases or large-scale filesystems.
• Programming experience (C++, Python, Java, Golang) using good software development practices
• Fluency in Linux operating systems
• BA or BS Degree or MSc, MEng, in computer science/engineering or related field
Often moves among different work areas and seeks to do so.
Demonstrated project and deliverable consistency through repeatable and reliable performance.
Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation to complete tasks and assignments on time.
Proven evidence of project management skills.
Demonstrated oral and written communication, organization, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
Evidence of mastery level expertise in multiple technologies.
Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple technologies.
Experience working in healthcare technology.
Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications.
Masters degree in applicable field preferred.
License or certification
Required education, experience, and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The salary range every 2 weeks is approx. $5,578.40-$8,088.00 based on a full-time position.
Hours / Pay period
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Discover unlimited opportunities. Your IT career may start as a Help Desk Specialist or Work Station Technician, an intern, or entry-level Analyst/Programmer and develop into a mid- or senior-level technical position. You may choose to grow laterally as a technical expert, learning and supporting many different aspects of IT services. Or you may choose to become part of the leadership team.
- Business Relationship Management
- Enterprise Infrastructure
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project Management and Systems Analysis
The Life Changers
When you choose an IT career with Mayo Clinic you will have an opportunity to engage with new and innovative solutions which will improve quality of life and patient outcomes. You will partner with brilliant Physicians and Scientists to help drive translational medicine in a fast-paced environment where creativity, energy, and dedication will result in success.”Marie Koctecki
Senior Manager, IT Service Delivery
Over the span of my career, I have worked in multiple divisions across IT and have now advanced to a Service Delivery Manager role, managing a Project Management Office (PMO). The opportunities within the department of IT are vast. I have been able to gain my Project Management Professional (PMP) certification as well as my Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification while at Mayo Clinic.”Betty Hutchins
Manager, IT Service Delivery
I appreciate the breadth of career paths within IT and the ability to branch out and diversify my professional expertise while remaining with Mayo Clinic. The diverse backgrounds and depth of expertise of my coworkers is an attribute of Mayo’s unique culture; I enjoy the opportunity to work with so many world-renowned experts and thought leaders across a wide array of professions.”Samanthie Epps
Manager, IT Speciality Systems
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
Mayo Clinic Laboratories uses enhanced technology to safeguard patient specimens
To improve specimen safety and tracking, Mayo Clinic Laboratories is using an enhanced form of radio-frequency...
Mayo Clinic and vMocion Introduce Technology which Creates the Sensation of Motion, Transforming Vir
Mayo Clinic and vMocion, LLC, an entertainment technology company, today announced it is making...