Head of Business Development - LondonJob ID 197225BR Date posted 02/09/2023
- London, London
- Full Time
We are seeking a professional and accomplished Head of Business Development to join our dedicated London team.
Mayo Clinic is a global leader in healthcare. Our doctors practice the art of care, not just the science of medicine. They take the time needed to perform unhurried, comprehensive and thoughtful evaluations and consultations, making sure patients understand every step of their care.
This position is located in London. Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the U.K. Relocation is not provided.
The Head of Business Development for Mayo Clinic Healthcare in London reports to the Executive Director EMEIA and works very closely with the Operations Director for MCH London. Good collaborative relationships with other MCH London colleagues as well as a variety of MC-US colleagues via). Where appropriate and as the clinic grows, may lead a team of sales staff. Works closely with the medical director, administrator, operations manager/supervisor and other leaders to understand and develop the various offerings within MCH, and the marketing to lead product line innovation and effectively position MCL in the market. This role also works collaboratively with external public and private organizations to help promote MCH programs, products, and services to individual, corporate and executive clients.
For the safety of our patients and staff, Mayo Clinic Healthcare strongly encourages all new hires to obtain COVID-19 vaccination.
The Head of Business Development is responsible for developing and executing a sales pipeline targeted at both corporate clients and other medical facilities: selling the full range of MCH London products (Executive Health, Radiology, Specialty Services, Primary Care, etc). The successful candidate will also work closely with marketing for direct to consumer activities. Key Accountabilities are:
- Identify, evaluate, manage new business relationships - building relationships which will create future value.
- Manage existing relationships – searching for up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Work with operational colleagues to ensure a first-class experience for patients, driving high levels of advocacy and recommendation. Coach the tele-sales/scheduling team.
- Work with marketing colleagues to ensure that appropriate proposition, pricing, products are in place, and that both sales and distribution channels for each are understood and maximised.
- Ensure that a sales pipeline is built and maintained, with organizational visibility on opportunities, sales velocity, conversion rates. Able to forecast accurately based on pipeline activity.
- Represent MCH London externally, building the profile but also leveraging market insight and understanding back into the organisation in a clear and coherent manner.
- Support the Executive Director in the pursuit of larger partnership relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, sales, healthcare, or a related field required.
- Minimum five years of professional sales experience with a proven sales record.
- Experience in UK/London healthcare services business development.
- Existing relationships with both private and NHS healthcare providers, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capabilities in planning, forecasting, unsupervised problem-solving and decision-making, managing and setting multiple priorities.
- Excellent communications skill, both verbal and written, and experience with producing and using business development, marketing and communications materials to support sales goals.
- Excellent human relations skills to interact effectively with high level contacts within and outside Mayo Clinic with tact and sensitivity to handle difficult issues with diplomacy and consistency.
- Prefer leadership/management experience with progressive increase in responsibilities.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
Monday - Friday, normal working business hours.
Located in London, Mayo Clinic Healthcare offers an array of services, including a range of comprehensive health assessments, specialist consultations, concierge medical programmes and second opinion services. We offer expert care to our patients in London and also provide a gateway to a variety of highly skilled specialists and services in the United States.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less than 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.