Medical Director - LondonJob ID 158296BR Date posted 08/14/2021
- London, London
- Full Time
The medical director for Mayo Clinic Healthcare (MCH) provides leadership to establish MCH as a successful international practice venture, which includes but is not limited to expanding service lines and growing market share. The medical director will be responsible for oversight of the development and implementation of the medical clinic, clinical pathways and services based on Mayo Clinic's experience and leading practice, as well as recruitment and selection of providers. The medical director will work with MCH and Mayo administrative and operational leadership to achieve operational targets and strategic goals.
The medical director exemplifies the deeply rooted values of the institution and a genuine commitment to serving the common good. The medical director promotes collegial, cross-functional dialogue, diversity and inclusion, collaborative problem-solving and consensus-based decision-making to create and achieve shared goals and commitments. This individual should have excellent communication skills and a proven record of team-building and clinical practice development.
Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director, Europe with accountability to the EMEA corridor Chief Medical Officer . In addition, Mayo Clinic oversight of clinical practice will be performed by the International Clinical Practice Committee and education and research by the International Academic Affairs. Administrative partnership with the London Director of Operations and supported by the London/Europe Operations Administrator and EMEIA Senior Global Director.
The medical director will be responsible and accountable for ensuring all appropriate regulatory requirements are met, clinical quality standards are implemented and enforced, and that mechanisms are in place to provide consistent, safe, and high-quality care.
The medical director will:
- Understand MCH’s strategic goals and work with the MCH staff to develop clinical and practice tactics to meet them.
- Provide clinical leadership and direction for MCH and its staff.
- Establish and nurture an environment that supports education, research, and clinical practice integration and collaborative projects between the partners.
- Generate strong links and relationships that promote an integrated patient experience while seeking to capitalize on unique strengths and opportunities of both MCH and Mayo Clinic
- Lead the development and regular review of clinical outcome and quality metrics to continuously improve MCH’s performance and contribution.
- Represent MCH and Mayo Clinic, as appropriate, at various academic and governmental meetings.
- Ensure that all MCH activities are tracked to monitor their progress, resource allocation, implementation, and success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous leadership experience is required.
- Ability to work in new markets, and demonstrated success with practice innovation and design, quality measurement and improvement, and evidence-based practice convergence.
- Possesses demonstrated leadership competencies, including a record of willingness to make difficult decisions and drive successful implementation of priorities.
- Successful track record of team-building, with experience working with providers and allied health staff from other nationalities and cultures.
- Ability to acquire expert-level knowledge of medical regulatory and quality assurance standards from a variety of government and non-government bodies.
- Well-versed in Mayo Clinic’s decision-making processes and is able to navigate its internal processes efficiently while maintaining Mayo’s core values.
- Able to develop rapport and relationships with strategic partners and leadership throughout the institution and outside of Mayo Clinic.
- Prior practice leadership role preferred.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced physician leader who exemplifies Mayo Clinic’s principles and values - a servant leader who is able to engage and secure the support and endorsement of colleagues across Mayo Clinic in serving the common good of the institution.
License or certification
Valid registration and license to practice medicine in the UK.
Located in London, Mayo Clinic Healthcare offers an array of services, including a range of comprehensive health assessments, specialist consultations, concierge medical programmes and second opinion services. We offer expert care to our patients in London and also provide a gateway to a variety of highly skilled specialists and services in the United States.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Training Programs
The Nurse Residency Program at Mayo Clinic Health System Northwest Wisconsin is a year-long education program that provides you an additional opportunity as a newly licensed nurse to develop your leadership skills and receive support during your transition from student nurse to competent professional nurse.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2021 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.