Internal Medicine Physician w/ 6 weeks of Hospitalist timeJob ID 160189BR Date posted 09/20/2022
- Mankato, Minnesota
- Full Time
- Community Internal Medicine
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges – one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The Internal Medicine Department at the Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato, MN is seeking a Board Certified /Board Eligible Physician. The physician has the option to work as a .75 FTE in the outpatient Internal Medicine clinic and .25 FTE as a hospitalist OR as a 1.0 FTE in the outpatient Internal Medicine clinic. This opportunity includes:
- Great work-life balance. 32 patient contact hours and 8 hours of non-visit care time per week in the outpatient clinic setting.
- 4-day work week averaging 12 patients per day in the clinic.
- Physicians working as hospitalists work from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Wednesday through Tuesday, every two months (6 weeks total out of the year). While working as a hospitalist, there are no clinic responsibilities. The Monday and Tuesday prior to working in the hospital and the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday after working in the hospital are administrative days (no clinic responsibilities).
- Very experienced outpatient clinic staff. Access to great subspecialty support. Dedicated clinical pharmacist and social worker onsite to support the practice.
- Complex medical patients with sizeable geriatric population. Good balance of new and returning patients.
- Family Medicine residency onsite offering teaching opportunities both in the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Medical students and APPs in training rotate through the outpatient clinic setting.
- After hours call is covered by the expert RN triage phone line. Primary Care providers provide backup for the expert RN triage phone line (currently equates to six days of call out of the year for each Internist).
- EPIC electronic medical record with excellent technical support.
- Opportunity for research through connection with Mayo Clinic – Rochester.
- Generous and comprehensive compensation fringe benefit package including a pension, 2 weeks of CME, and 4 weeks of vacation with an increase to 6 weeks of vacation based on longevity.
License or certification
Must have M.D., D.O., or foreign degree equivalent. Must be eligible for Minnesota medical license and must be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Internal Medicine, or in final year of ACGME accredited program leading to certification.
Mankato is one of the largest cities in southern MN and has earned several livability awards. Mankato's economic growth leads Minnesota and is among the top in the nation. The city has a contiguous population area of 96,740 and 1.6 million people live within 60 miles of Mankato. Greater Mankato is centrally located in south central Minnesota, nestled in the scenic beauty of the Minnesota River Valley, with convenient access to Minneapolis-St. Paul just one hour away. Click here to watch a video highlighting the Mankato community.
Jennell Prentice Endrizzi
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less than 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
*The observation program does not meet clinical hours needed for school.
*Post-undergraduates do not qualify for this program.
*The Department of Nursing is not a participant in this program.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.