Senior Manager - PharmacyJob ID 305611 Date posted 05/23/2023
- Mankato, MN
- Full Time
Mayo Clinic has been ranked the #1 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, as well as #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
The Senior Pharmacy Manager is a member of a broader local pharmacy leadership team and is responsible for managing pharmacy operations and services to one of the following: 1) An area that is complex, multi-faceted, specialty-based, large and/or high volume consistent with the quaternary medical center and clinic in Rochester; or 2) Multiple sites in the Mayo Clinic Health System that includes a larger "hub" hospital site along with other hospitals and clinic sites. This individual is a recognized pharmacy leader and provides strong, visible, values driven leadership and advocacy for pharmacy. Manages, implements and coordinates comprehensive pharmacy operations that are aligned with the overall department program, incorporates best practices, emphasizes the safety and optimized outcomes of our patients, and delivers the highest value care to our patients and the organization. Ensures incorporation, alignment with and support of departmental and institutional strategic vision, direction and priorities. Manages pharmacy services to ensure that all quality, legal, regulatory and accreditation standards are met or exceeded. Actively participates in and supports pharmacy education programs and scholarly activity.
- Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy. Doctor of Pharmacy degree (or Pharmacy BS degree if graduated before 2000). AND
- Completion of an accredited PGY2 Administrative pharmacy residency; OR
- Completion of an accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency and a minimum of 2 years applicable pharmacy experience; OR
- A minimum of 4 years applicable pharmacy experience. Applicable experience includes providing, developing, implementing and overseeing progressive pharmacy operations in an integrated healthcare system and/or proven history of providing progressive services and leadership as a pharmacist.
- Strong commitment and evidence of achieving excellence. Proven history of successfully working in a team environment. Communicates effectively. Proven history of a commitment to patient care and alignment with Mayo Clinic values. Requirements must be met by employment start date.
- The following are preferred: Previous supervisory/management experience. Master's degree in related field (e.g. MHA, MBA, MPH). Completion of leadership or management educational programs (e.g. ASHP leadership program, Mayo programs). Advanced skills in quality improvement, financial management, strategic planning, project management and team building. History of active participation and leadership in pharmacy professional organizations.
License or Certification
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in the state he/she is located.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday - Friday day shift.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less that 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.