Sterile Processing Instrument Technician IIJob ID 313794 Date posted 09/19/2023
- Phoenix, AZ
- Full Time
- Surgical Technician
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
Sterile processing technicians are vital to safe and efficient care delivery in the perioperative environment and are responsible for ensuring all surgical instruments are safe for use. Responsible for performing advanced, complex, multistep processes and delegated activities to support the operating room team in the care of the surgical patient and various procedural areas within the hospital. Cleaning, packaging and re-processing of re-usable surgical equipment, instrumentation and scopes; per manufacturer's guidelines. Maintaining inventory and storage of processed supplies. Meeting the needs of the surgical team through support of activities in the sterile core. Responsibilities include: decontamination, assembly, sterilization, quality assurance testing, and storage.
Central Service technicians work in compliance with best practices and standards established by: The Joint Commission, AAMI, IAHSCMM, AORN, OSHA, DOT, WHO, FDA, EPA, and HIPPA.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of one year of instrumentation experience OR graduation from an accredited and/or hospital approved sterile processing program and eligible to sit for certification through HSPA or CBSPD.
- Knowledge of specific sterilization modalities and complex advanced processing systems including: gravity displacement, dynamic air-removal, low temperature hydrogen peroxide gas plasma and Ethylene oxide, DSD, CER, Pass Through Medivator Advantage, Astra Tee, GUS, Scope Buddy Plus, Aqua Sink, process and efficacy testing, and cutting edge specialty trial and multi service instrumentation and trays is preferred. Knowledge of High, Low and Intermediate disinfection levels is preferred.
- Progressive computer knowledge for advanced computerized instrument tracking systems, sterilization, assembly case information, inventory management and individual productivity data is preferred.
- Knowledge of progressive computer technology, human anatomy, surgical terminology, infection control, microbiology, and safety and risk control is preferred.
- Proven interpersonal skills (including ability to receive and give constructive feedback), effective and concise verbal and written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships is preferred.
- Certification through IAHSCMM or CBSPD is required within one year of hire and maintained thereafter.
$19.09 - $26.36 / hour
Monday - Friday - SOR 2:00PM - 10:30PM
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less that 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.