Supervisor - Clinical ResearchJob ID 165753BR Date posted 06/10/2022
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Full Time
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
The Clinical Research Supervisor oversees the day-to-day clinical operations of designated work unit, providing guidance and support to allied health clinical and support staff to ensure that quality patient focused care is delivered. The CSU Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of all activities associated with implementing research protocols as follows.
1. Routinely interfaces with various departments to integrate the practice.
2. Assure CSU compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies and assures practice is in compliance with principles of Good Clinical Practice.
3. Conduct budget planning and compliance.
4. Assure appropriate recruitment and retention of competent staff, including staff development, teaching, community involvement and participation in appropriate organizational committees
5. Working with the Clinical Research Operations Manager to develop new programs and implement policies and procedures.
6. Possess strong leadership and management competency with focus on communication skills and accountability to achieve an efficient, safe and professional work environment. Participate in continuous quality improvement activities to assure consistent standard of practice and patient care provided.
7. Maintain appropriate clinical skill for carrying out the specifications of a research protocol in the absence of the clinical research coordinator.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span. Must demonstrate the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient's age-specific needs.
9. Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, work simultaneously on multiple projects, and work independently, with an innovative, proactive approach to problem solving.
* Bachelors degree required
* Minimum 3-5 years clinical experience
* Previous clinical research experience required
* Previous supervisory or leadership experience in health care setting required
* Strong leadership and problem solving skills required
* Works flexible hours which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays and weekends
* Able to work autonomously and collaboratively
* Adapts calmly to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting
* Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills required
* Strong computer skills preferred including word, excel, and database use
License or certification
* Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic Life Support (BLS) competency.
* RN licensure preferred
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,832.80, based on a full-time position.
Hours / Pay period
Monday - Friday 8-5
Not routinely required but may be necessary based on business need.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Training Programs
The Nurse Residency Program at Mayo Clinic Health System Northwest Wisconsin is a year-long education program that provides you an additional opportunity as a newly licensed nurse to develop your leadership skills and receive support during your transition from student nurse to competent professional nurse.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2022 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.