Administrative Assistant - Multiple Departments and OpeningsJob ID 184773BR Date posted 07/11/2022
- Rochester, Minnesota
- Full Time
- Medical Operations Support
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2021-2022) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We are actively recruiting for multiple Administrative Assistants to support the medical practice across the Rochester, MN campus. Opportunities are available in multiple areas of the clinic and for various schedules and shifts, dependent upon availability at time of offer. Most openings are Monday-Friday day shift, full time positions; but a limited number of part time positions may be available. Your availability and desired hours will be further discussed at the time of an interview. This posting is for applicants EXTERNAL TO MAYO CLINIC ONLY.
Applicants are not applying for a specific area. Qualified applicants are pooled for consideration by any/all active hiring managers and will have the opportunity to express interest in the open positions.
Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Administrative Assistants apply expertise to perform a variety of non-clinical administrative support tasks including:
- scheduling, coordination, and follow-up tasks for meetings, events, and professional travel;
- managing of calendars;
- preparing documents and presentation materials;
- processing invoices and reimbursements;
- composing and/or transcribing correspondence/documents;
-supporting departmental projects/activities;
-creating and maintaining web sites, web pages, databases, spreadsheets, social media accounts;
-answering telephones and providing related follow- through.
Candidate will need to:
- exhibit initiative, proficiency, and adaptability to optimize the time of those supported;
-have strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
-have a commitment to quality and excellence in service;
- commitment to confidentiality and professionalism;
- be detail-orientated
- able to demonstrate proficient use of computer hardware and software, telecommunication, and other office equipment and ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously.
Position may be eligible to telework 50% or more based on location, work unit and business need after on-site training period is completed. Candidate must be within driving distance to the Rochester, MN campus.
Position requires one of the following :
- a high school diploma or G. E. D. with a minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative support role;
- one-year degree/diploma in an administrative, business, or medical-related program with a minimum of one-year experience in an administrative support role; or
- an associate’s degree in an administrative, business, or medical-related program.
Administrative support role experience must include performance of responsibilities such as:
- meeting management and calendar coordination
- creating/transcribing correspondence/documents
- utilization of business-related software to produce databases, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Possess high-level skills in organization, customer service, professionalism, interpersonal relations, written and oral communication;
- ability to prioritize, frequently and quickly shift tasks;
- adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- demonstrate effective and appropriate decision-making, judgment, and confidentiality;
- attention to detail and follow-through;
- experience with coordination of travel and expense management;
- proficient application of English grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure
- demonstrates proficient use of computer hardware and software, telecommunication, and other office equipment and ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously.
Prefer work-related experience within the last ten years.
License or certification
$19.52 - $27.38 / hour
Hours / Pay period
Must be available to work Monday to Friday day shift 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in Rochester, MN.
Most openings are full time positions, but a limited number of part time positions may be available. Your availability and desired hours will be further discussed at the time of an interview.
Position may be eligible to telework 50% or more based on location, work unit and business need after on-site training period is completed.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2022 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.