Associate Clinical Research Coordinator - Cancer CenterJob ID 165497BR Date posted 11/19/2021
- Rochester, Minnesota
- Full Time
- Cancer Center
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
- Coordinates non-therapeutic (i.e. minimal risk, survey, chart review) clinical research protocols with direction from the principal investigator and/or supervisor in compliance with regulatory laws and institutional guidelines.
- May assist in complex (i.e. interventional, therapeutic, greater than minimal risk) studies with direction but does not have overall responsibility for these studies.
- Screens, enrolls, and recruits research participants.
- Coordinates schedules and monitors research activities and subject participation.
- Recognizes adverse events, protocol deviations, and other unanticipated problems and reports appropriately.
- Collects, abstracts, and enters research data. Performs administrative and regulatory duties related to the study as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Protocol Development and Maintenance Activities Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: ongoing management of the protocol document and process through editing, amendments, proofing, coordination of study logistics (i.e. data collection booklets, use of CRU, etc.), and verification of content to meet institutional and federal standards; Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission; and communication with study sites and/or federal agencies regarding study status changes.
- Participates in other protocol development activities and executes other assignments as warranted and assigned.
For more information on the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, please visit: https://www.mayo.edu/research/centers-programs/cancer-research/3-sites-1-comprehensive-cancer-center
**Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This position is not eligible for F-1 OPT STEM extension.**
- HS Diploma with at least 3 years' experience in the clinical setting or related experience including competency in Outlook, Excel, and Epic OR
- Associates degree or completion of a college Diploma or Certificate Program with at least 1-year experience in the clinical setting or related experience including competency in Outlook, Excel, and Epic OR
- Bachelor's degree, healthcare or science related field preferred
- Graduate or diploma from a study coordinator training program is preferred.
- One year clinical research experience preferred.
- Medical terminology course preferred.
License or certification
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $20.69 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Only on extremely rare occasions
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Training Programs
The Nurse Residency Program at Mayo Clinic Health System Northwest Wisconsin is a year-long education program that provides you an additional opportunity as a newly licensed nurse to develop your leadership skills and receive support during your transition from student nurse to competent professional nurse.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2021 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.