Why Mayo Clinic
DepartmentAnesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
Mayo Clinic is once again named the No. 1 hospital in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals" rankings.
You are invited to be a part of the Mayo Clinic legacy where CRNA’s are essential anesthesia care providers within our multidisciplinary integrated group practice. The CRNA role is deeply embedded in the Mayo Clinic practice with Mayo’s nurse anesthesia program being the oldest continually operating program in the country.
As a CRNA at Mayo Clinic, you will be a part of a world renowned surgical and procedural environment that presents opportunities that may rarely be experienced elsewhere. As our surgical and procedural practices grow, we invite you to join our diverse team as we provide health, hope, and healing to people from all walks of life. You'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect.
Discover all that Rochester, MN has to offer:
Mayo Clinic Rochester Campus & Community
CRNA practice in Rochester
Destination Medical Center
Competitive Total Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary (base salary approximately $200,000-$236,000)
- $20,000 sign-on bonus, paid with first paycheck
- $16,000 to $20,000 relocation bonus (based on distance moving, payable with your first paycheck)
- Accrue up to 28 days of Paid Time Off per year, which can be carried over from year-to-year. An advance of 40 hours of Paid Time Off loaded into your account for CRNAs with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Generous CME benefit (dollars and days away in addition to PTO)
- World-class retirement benefits, including fully employer-funded pension plan, 403(b) with employer match and additional 457(b) option
- Flexible choice options for Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer paid short and long term disability, life insurance
This position is part of our Employee Referral Program which means you and the Mayo Clinic employee that referred you to this position may be eligible for incentives. Please tell us if a Mayo Clinic employee referred you to this position when you apply.Position description
At Mayo Clinic, you will experience:
- The Highest Quality Patient Care by placing the needs of the patient first. We will do everything in our power to help you deliver the world’s finest care for our patients.
- Variety and Exposure that is second to none. Our hospitals offer a full range of clinical specialties and a wide variety of cases in both an outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Achievable Work/Life Integration with flexible scheduling (8, 10, 12 hour shift lengths/0.8-1.0 FTE based on availability) and minimal call. Scheduling system via QGenda.
- Professional Growth and Unlimited Career Opportunities. We invest in you. On-site education and in-service opportunities make it possible for you to meet re-licensure needs while expanding your professional knowledge and skills. Backed by Mayo’s commitment to education and professional development, you will be empowered to pursue opportunities in education, process improvement, research, and leadership.
- Empowerment and Collaboration. Working in a team setting you will plan the anesthesia care with competence, compassion, and accountability. You will be joining a large department comprised of anesthesiologists and CRNAS. Surgical specialties include General, Vascular, Thoracic, Urology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry, Open Heart Surgery, as well as procedures in the Cath Lab, Radiology and GI/Endoscopy.
- View our video links below to learn more about our practice
This position requires a registered nurse who has completed a formal program in nurse anesthesia. A minimum of a Master’s degree required.Additional qualifications
New grads welcome to apply 9 - 12 months prior to graduation. Candidates able to be credentialed and ready to start within the next 4 months preferred. 2 year commitment preferred. A Doctoral (DNP, DNAP, DrAP, PhD) degree preferred. License or certification
A current Minnesota Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and a Registered Nurse license are required. National Board on the Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetist (NBCRNA) certification. Credentialed by The Mayo Clinic Hospital – Rochester Board of Directors and Midwest Executive Operations. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) required for all CRNAs. PALS and NRP preferred for those working consistently with pediatric and OB patients.Exemption status
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.Benefits eligible
Full TimeHours / Pay period
64 - 80Schedule details
To facilitate relief, CRNA's are scheduled one late a week, either 9-5 or 11-7.Weekend schedule
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.Recruiter
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.