Lead Digital Product Designer - Public Platform - CDH - RemoteJob ID 198428BR Date posted 03/08/2023
- Rochester, Minnesota
- Full Time
- Center for Digital Health
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
As a Lead Digital Product Designer, you will partner with product strategy and design leadership to lead a team of product designers and advocate for and represent patient and physician goals, while also understanding the needs of the larger organization, with the ability to balance both.
Candidate must have:
• Proficiency in leading product design teams from strategy, to concept, to product release
• Drive to stay up to date with UX trends, programs, methodologies, and best practices to keep the team current with the best ways to deliver optimal digital experiences
• Ability to shape and lead design team meetings and critiques, fostering an environment of open thinking and growth
• Experience mentoring and providing feedback to design team members, working to grow their skillsets and abilities
• Ability to partner closely with product strategy and IT/engineering stakeholders to deliver best-in-class digital experiences aligned to business objectives
• Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, research methodologies, and prototyping to collect the product and user behavioral insights
• Skill to design experiences across native mobile apps, web responsive sites, chatbots, wearables and emerging interfaces
• Strong design experience at multiple levels of fidelity
• Ability to design and document complex user flows
• Deep understanding of the agile development processes
• Passion for designing and leading experiences that are accessible to all
• Understanding of iconography, typography, and color theory
• Knowledge and ability to contribute and advocate our design system, to ensure a cohesive experience across channels
• Innovator mentality — you are excited for the challenge to create industry leading, patient first digital health experiences.
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
Bachelor's Degree and 9+ years of professional design experience, including performing hands-on, end-to-end digital product design work in an agency or enterprise setting is required. Will also consider Associate Degree and 11+ years of professional design experience (as mentioned previously) and/or High School diploma and 13+ years of professional design experience (as mentioned previously).
• Must provide a portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong expertise in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows across multiple channels (responsive web, native, etc.).
• Expertise in Figma and, or Sketch
• Experience applying design systems via Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
You demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and an ability to persuasively articulate design rationale. You are comfortable in a fast-paced, iterative/agile design process. Your working style demonstrates respect, initiative, ownership, transparency, and accountability. You have a relentless curiosity and sense of design stewardship. A have a genuine passion for helping people who need our help the most.
Educational degrees in Design, User Experience, Interactive Design, HCI, Design and Technology, Graphic Design, Media Arts or related field, or related professional experience is preferred. Healthcare experience a plus.
$167,980.80 - $243,568/ year
Hours / Pay period
M-F, daytime hours. 100% remote role, this employee can work from anywhere in the U.S.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less than 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.