Manager - StrategyJob ID 307372 Date posted 05/26/2023
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
Mayo Clinic has been ranked the #1 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, as well as #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
The Manager, Strategy is primarily responsible for the management of staff, programs and/or excellence of functional expertise within the Service Line. This includes leading highly specialized and complex service lines, and/or general oversight of assigned team(s) or programs, workforce planning, staff guidance, workload analysis, employee recruitment, training, mentorship and performance management. Partners with other Strategy Leaders to execute operational goals, prioritize work across major client areas, ensure effective and efficient operations, maintain high standards for service excellence and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Engaged with customers and stakeholders to meet business needs. Serves as a thought partner and project liaison outside of Strategy at all levels, helping to proactively identify and communicate business issues, coordinate project activities, streamline strategy approaches/methodologies, and share best practices. Works collaboratively with leaders to provide end to end integrated business solutions to drive change, support excellent patient care and execute best practices. Leverages team member’s strengths, capabilities, and experiences to deliver on strategic priorities. Creates a collaborative and positive work environment.
Monitors resource allocation and collaborates with division leadership to ensure alignment with annual budget and operating plan. Uses effective project management skills and may lead large projects or hybrid assignments. Maintains knowledge of trends, applies best practice principles to support the service line and provides subject matter expertise and leadership where assigned. Coaches and upskills staff in areas of functional expertise. The Manager, Strategy is a member of the extended management team within the Strategy Department. May serve enterprise and site leadership needs through participation on committees, task forces and workgroups.
*This position is a combination of remote and onsite support work. Individual must live within driving distance to the Mayo Clinic Rochester, Arizona, or Jacksonville campus.
**This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship / we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
• Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience, or Master’s degree and four years of experience.
• Experience in strategy intelligence, strategy development or planning, client service, business and management consulting, people leadership, operations, analysis, health care, process engineering, leadership and/or project management of broad-based key institutional initiatives.
• Master’s preferred.
• Demonstrates strong management skills including strategy and visioning, change management, resource management, and sound judgment are required.
• Has demonstrated excellence and strong subject-matter expertise in a particular function. Is recognized for their leadership and technical knowledge and skill. Has made strong contributions to the functional area with a demonstrated ability to bring transformational change and ensure industry best practice leadership.
• This position requires broad-based human resource management experience and knowledge in hiring, performance management, team building, recognition, and staff development. Demonstrates management principles of delegation, organization and execution to maximize the value of projects and initiatives is also essential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to include presentation, negotiation, persuasion, team facilitation, and written communications skills are required.
• Superior project management experience, knowledge and skills must be demonstrated. Incumbent must have the ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities.
• Demonstrates continuous professional learning and functional area expertise.
• Experience in project management, project management organization leadership, or operations leadership preferred.
• Health care industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrates strong change management skills.
• Has demonstrated excellence and strong subject-matter expertise in project management or a related field and is recognized for their leadership and mentorship.
• Demonstrates strong analytical, quantitative, and conceptual thinking skills.
• Possesses broad-based human resource management experience and knowledge in hiring, performance management, team building, recognition, and staff development. Demonstrates management principles of delegation, organization, and execution to maximize the value of projects and initiatives.
$131,602.00 - $190,861.00 / year; Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday - Friday with typical business hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less that 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.