Operations Solutions Coordinator - Global Healthcare LogisticsJob ID 316602 Date posted 11/16/2023
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
- Mayo Collaborative Services
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
MCS Operations is highly regarded as the benchmark for excellence within the reference laboratory industry. MCS goes to market as a differentiated provider and leans heavily on the efficacy of those areas within the control of MCS Operations.
MCS Operations serves as the functional link that enables MCS strategy execution in highly competitive markets. The MCS business is constantly growing and evolving to meet the changing face of medicine; new markets, technologies, and clinical requirements require unique solutions and new services.
MCS Operations requires the ability to respond in an agile and flexible fashion to these develops, combining past experience with creative problem solving to position MCS to functionally deliver on business opportunities.
The Operations Solutions Coordinator-MCS reports to the Director-Operations-MCS and collaborates across the different MCS Operations pillars to lead the initial investigation, solutioning, and implementation of new service lines. Domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human-based biology, chemistry, Medical Laboratory Science, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related scientific fields and seven years of clinical laboratory and/or patient care experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a combination of directly-related experience and education may be considered.
- Experience must include demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal (physician, scientist, administrative, supervisory, and allied health staff) and external vendor and client stakeholders.
- Must possess strong prioritization and workload management skills with the ability to undertake several projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Must have ability and confidence to effectively function independently and utilize strong judgment in decision making.
- Must be accountable, adaptable, flexible, creative, dependable, responsible, and able to perform well within a multi-functional environment.
- This position is based out of your home office. Candidates must have access to a major airport.
- Experience developing and leading implementation of new product lines and services both internally and in partnership with external clients and partners is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information to a wide array of audiences both internal and external.
- Must have a high level of technical competence and confidence to assess impact on patient care and business plans.
- Healthcare experience required
- Include cover letter highlighting qualifications for the role
There are two roles available with additional qualifications required:
First coordinator position, incumbents must possess:
- Must have Industry experience in supply chain, logistics, and shipping management.
- Experience working closely with shippers, manufacturers, and corporations moving material from one location to another.
- Preferred experience in healthcare, shipment of specimens/supplies.
Second coordinator position, incumbents must possess:
- Must have industry experience in logistic international/domestic import and export permits, declarations, laws, and regulations.
- Experience with market-specific location compliance, shipping stipulations, and transportation regulations.
- Preferred experience in healthcare, shipment of specimens/supplies, and ability to learn or have knowledge of speaking different languages to communicate effectively.
Experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx. $3,556 based on a full-time position.
Mon-Fri, regular business hours. Position is 100% remote; can work from anywhere in the U.S. & requires access to a major airport. Travel within the US involving clients, field staff, and vendors interaction. Travel to Rochester, MN for meetings with clients/internal staff meetings will be required.
As needed to meet the needs of the business.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less that 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.