Principal Statistician II - RemoteJob ID 321153 Date posted 11/17/2023
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
- Mayo Clinic Platform
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
Candidate has deep expertise in applying statistical, programming and related methods such as machine learning and scientific expertise to the design, implementation, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of research, clinical and administrative studies. Has deep knowledge of healthcare data types, topics, and scientific challenges and approaches. The Principal Statistician must possess expert-level knowledge of statistics in medicine, and be able to identify and apply various analytical approaches as they relate to these fields.
Work with data engineers, data scientists, informaticians and clinicians at Mayo, and partner with outside companies to design and execute complex statistical analysis that can be used to improve patient care both at Mayo and at healthcare institutions around the world. Candidates will present findings to various enterprise departments/divisions. May have direct and indirect reports.
The position will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Provides deep, data-driven insights for complex business problems through an array of advanced statistical methods
- Develops predictive and prescriptive models to address complex problems, discover insights, and identify opportunities using machine learning, statistical techniques, and data mining.
- Makes presentations on assigned projects or proposals both internally and externally
- Serves as a subject matter expert in model validation techniques and practices
- Functions independently and initiates judgment in handling delegated responsibilities.
- Experience leading technical/quantitative teams.
- Develops and executes on experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
- Leads and directs the interpretation of statistical analysis and writing reports.
- PhD degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics or equivalent.
- Alternatively, a Masters' degree in same fields with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Five years of experience as a statistician or equivalent required.
- Experience in statistical analysis or programming software such as SAS, R or python.
- Expertise in the use of statistical computing and data management packages.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate various tasks on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Contributes to organizational initiatives in administration, education, or software development.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Demonstrates initiative in administration and education (e.g., seminars or training).
- A commitment to customer service with an attitude of owning the experience of each customer is required.
The successful candidate will need to have both technical and business background/experience along with strong leadership skills. Good written and oral communication skills are required. Deep expertise in the application of statistical methods in healthcare. Demonstrated initiative in software development, and technical reports. Demonstrated application of several problem-solving methodologies, planning techniques, continuous improvement methods, project management methods, and analytical tools and methodologies (e.g. machine learning, statistical packages, modeling, etc.) required. Incumbent must have ability to independently manage a varied workload of projects with multiple priorities and stay current on healthcare trends and enterprise changes. Excellent interpersonal skills to include presentation, negotiation, persuasion, and written communications skills are required. Exceptional time management is required. In addition, requires excellent analytical skills, consulting skills, ability to identify and recommend solutions, advanced computer application skills and a commitment to customer service. Experience with data modeling and date exploration tools.
$138,236 - $200,408 / year
Monday - Friday, Normal Business Hours 100% Remote. This position may work remotely from any location within the US. 20%+ travel may be required This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less that 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.