Senior Manager - MarketingJob ID 307166 Date posted 05/25/2023
- Rochester, MN
- Full Time
Mayo Clinic has been ranked the #1 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, as well as #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. As we work together to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit plans – to take care of you and your family, now and in the future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo Clinic. You’ll thrive in an environment that supports innovation, is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
The Senior Marketing Manager is a highly-skilled marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skill who provides significant contributions to business planning efforts as a collaborative partner.
The Senior Marketing Manager leads teams building strategic marketing, advertising, and media campaigns to support business objectives for the institution specifically related to health systems partners. Proven ability to identify opportunities and develop and deliver scalable strategies for client acquisition and engagement. Will define and develop strategies to attract partners including health systems, payors, and device manufacturers to a data integration platform. Experienced in strategic and tactical marketing planning, branding, and product development.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and driving strategic, multi-vehicle marketing campaigns utilizing both digital and traditional initiatives that ensure the success of Mayo Clinic’s products, services, and brand promise in the marketplace.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively collaborates with marketing, physician and corporate leadership, governing committees, patients, and consumers as required to lead strategies, plans, objectives, and projects to a successful completion.
• Serves as an advisor on marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics and serves as an advocate for new products, services, or projects.
• Independently influences change to help optimize processes and operations in line with a modern marketing organization.
• Evaluates, analyzes, develops, and measures marketing strategies based on target audiences, market research and business plans, and continually assess consumer and business needs to ensure alignment. Reports on outcomes and makes dynamic adjustments.
• Responsible for market intelligence through identification and analysis of internal and external data relevant to the market with the ability to synthesis findings and adjust strategies to accomplished assigned objectives and key results.
• Continuously evaluates and analyzes customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
• Responsible for assigned marketing budgets and financial oversight.
• Knowledge and expertise in external vendor management, oversite, leadership, budget, and contract negotiations.
• Solid understanding of how to leverage customer and market insights to develop an annual marketing plan and drive marketing strategies for assigned marketing objectives.
• Ability to manage, coach, and mentor direct reporting staff, as well as mentor staff to become future leaders.
This Position is 100% Fully Remote; can work from anywhere within the United States.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required: (Education Requirements and Experience):
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
• 7+ years of marketing experience
• Experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies and budgets
• Project management experience in implementing tactical marketing programs
• Comprehensive digital marketing skills
• Experience leading and managing high-performance teams
• MBA, MHA, or master's degree in marketing.
• Experience with growth marketing, with proven track record of driving adoption, engagement, or retention.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial approach, high tolerance for ambiguity.
• Ability to work independently, influence, and communicate across all levels of management in both marketing and cross-functional teams.
• Passion for consumers, with a demonstrated ability to use insights and data to improve the customer experience.
Experience in B2B marketing in AI/health technology, life sciences, biotechnology industries.
• Collaborative communication skills – Possess ability to engage with all stakeholders, internally and externally, to facilitate cross-functional collaboration and successfully manage diverse teams through effective verbal and written communications.
• Technological and digital marketing skills – Possess contemporary knowledge of digital tools, platforms and channels and a good understanding of marketing technology.
• Critical thinking skills – Have the ability to understand dynamic and sensitive situations and problems, identify cause and effect relationships and develop effective strategies.
• Analytical skills – Possess agility with analytical tools and have the ability to process, analyze and utilize large quantities of data efficiently.
• Creativity and innovation – Think out of the box and be able to develop new concepts and devise unique marketing campaigns.
• Personal Motivation - A commitment to meeting deadlines with a high-quality product Sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, flexibility, and creativity
• Leadership – Takes responsibility for the collective work of the team, serving as a mentor and holding others accountable to their contributions.
$131,602- $190,861/ year Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday - Friday Some travel may be required
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Join our talent community.
Join our global talent community to receive alerts when new life-changing opportunities become available.
If you want to know what it's really like at Mayo Clinic, just ask. You'll find that our pride–in where we work, and in what we do–is a common trait. You will also find a lot of inspiring stories about lives changed for the better.
Nurse Residency Program
The Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is for all nurses with less that 12 months of experience, to be completed within the first year. NRP provides a framework for a successful transition to a professional nurse by promoting educational and personal advancement.
As your career evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to change with you — meeting needs now, and anticipating what comes next. We know that when Mayo Clinic takes care of you, you can take better care of our patients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law." Mayo Clinic participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Mayo Clinic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR Connect at 507-266-0440 or 888-266-0440.
Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including a urine drug screen, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing, if applicable.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Advertising and sponsorship policy | Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.
© 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.