Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Healthcare Information Technology Division seeking an IT Technical Specialist 1.
Why Mayo Clinic:
The Development Shared Services (DSS) Section of the Enterprise Technology Services Division of Mayo Clinic is seeking an experienced full-stack developer, to join our team through a full time Technical Specialist I position. You would work on an Agile Scrum team to design, develop, and hand-off software project deliverables. You would design and develop user interfaces, back-end web services, and database software, in addition to automated tests. See details below.
Collaborates with team, stakeholders, and others to understand issues/problems and provide sound technical solutions taking into consideration; balancing workloads, skill sets, technical knowledge, and criticality of the tasks. Serves as a consultant or mentor to others coaching them in specific areas of technical expertise. Serves and participates on appropriate committees and institutional workgroups and acts as a resource to institutional committees on an ad hoc basis, providing consultation in their area of expertise. Participates on committees to establish technical standards, promote integration of data, and/or coordination of projects across work units. Responsible and accountable for the on-time completion of tasks and projects, demonstrating a commitment to meet established deadlines and priorities.
Required Skills or Experience:
Preferred Skills or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Strong experience with functional programming
- Strong experience developing server-side RESTful web services
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, or Cosmos DB
- Strong experience designing, developing, and implementing automated unit and functional tests
- Strong experience in an Agile / Scrum or Kanban development environment(s)
- Willingness to adapt to technology stack(s) called out by project needs
- Demonstrated desire and ability for continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies to provide or improve application architecture.
- Ability to operate as a mentor, coaching and guiding others in specific areas of technical expertise
- Proficient with developer tools, such as Eclipse and/or Visual Studio, IntelliJ, Git, SonarQube, and Veracode
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience developing server-side C# / .Net and Java
- Experience with Swagger tools for RESTful web services
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Spring Data JPA
- Experience with Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets (Sass)
- Experience with Redux or NgRx store for state management
- Experience with RxJS or Promises to accomplish asynchronous tasks
- Experience with AJAX, JQuery, and Hibernate
- Experience interfacing with Akana or an API Platform
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Azure DevOps
- Experience in automated functional, end-to-end, and integration testing using Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, TestCafe, WebdriverIO, Cypress, Appium, TestNG or similar tools
- Experience in automated unit testing using Mocha, Jasmine & Karma, Spock using Groovy, JUnit, MSTest, TestNG or similar tools
- Experience in Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standard
- Experience in developing applications in the Cloud – especially in Azure (App Services running Tomcat, Active Directory, SQL Database) or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Cleo Harmony for file transfer and integration
- Experience with IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) for Business Rule Management
- Experience in performance and load testing
- Experience in mock testing and mock frameworks
- Experience in security and authentication (Open ID Connect over OAuth)
- Experience in developing automated build and release pipelines
- Experience in create test suites in Team Foundation Server (TFS) and/or Azure DevOps
- Experience with Pair Programming
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
Bachelor's degree and 5 years' experience including 3 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience; Or, Associate's degree and 9 years' experience including 3 years' of demonstrated technical experience.
Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. Citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee, or asylee).
Capable of moving among work areas and willing to do so. Demonstrated project and deliverable consistency through repeatable and reliable performance. Proven evidence of project management skills. Demonstrated oral and written communication, organization, problem solving, and facilitation skills. Evidence of mastery level expertise in one computing technology. Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications. Master’s degree in applicable field preferred.
Required education, experience, and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The salary range every 2 weeks is approx. $3,670-$5,138 based on a full-time position.
Hours / Pay period
Monday - Friday day shift
Possible on-call rotation
Possible on-call rotation
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.