Why Mayo Clinic
Rochester Airport Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mayo Clinic. Employees participate in the Mayo Clinic benefit package.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Airport Finance and Administration Manager helps direct daily business operations and financial activities related to the Airport. Responsibilities include general accounting, financial analysis, capital improvement projects, contract management, budget coordination and payroll/benefit coordination. Works cooperatively with a variety of customers and tenants within and outside the Airport. As a representative of the Rochester Airport Company conducts all activities in a courteous and professional manner.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by this position. Duties that are shown are representative of the work to be performed. Employees may not be required to perform all of the duties and may be required to perform additional duties as requested.
- Provides oversight to Financial Administrative Assistant with responsibility for accounting functions that include accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of the Airport’s operating and capital improvement budgets
- Takes lead in the preparation of request for proposals, leases and concession agreements to ensure compliance with airport goals and objectives
- Works closely with Executive Director on contract/ lease management and negotiations
- Assists with lease management and compliance and response to inquiries from staff, tenants, and general public
- Responsible for supervising general purchasing activities
- Coordinates with City Finance staff in preparing the annual Airport budget and monthly financial reports;
- Serves as primary liaison with independent auditors;
- Assists in preparation for or related to the annual report and financial audit;
- Maintains records and generates reports on various airport issues related to financial performance metrics;
- Performs financial modeling/ analysis as situations dictate;
- Works independently and initiates judgment in handling questions/ financial issues
- Takes lead in communication of financials to Airport Boards and Executive Leadership
- Manages and oversees Airport Human Resource functions including payroll.
- Responsible for federal grant accounting and passenger facility charge accounting;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting/ Governmental Accounting Principles
- Ability to interpret financial reports and records and to analyze financial data and determine appropriate accounting methods for control and reporting purposes
- Ability to communicate financial information effectively to leadership or other non-financial employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, officials, outside agencies, and the public
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to research and prepare information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work projects, and reports
- Ability to effectively manage change and work within a rapidly changing work environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze situations, be decisive and exercise solid judgment
- Demonstrated reliability in attendance and flexibility to work hours
Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. accounting, finance, management) from an accredited college/university and a minimum of three (3) years of related financial experience. Supervisory experience with ability to mentor and train. Accounting software experience required. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate good decision-making and judgment as well as attention to detail and follow-through.. Advance degree a plus. Contract or legal experience a plus
License or certification
Must be able to pass a criminal history check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearance for working at an airport. Must be able to show proof of U.S. Citizenship or possess a valid U.S. Government issued work visa
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).