Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is once again named the No. 1 hospital in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals" rankings.
You are invited to be a part of the Mayo Clinic legacy where CRNA’s are essential anesthesia care providers within our multidisciplinary integrated group practice. The CRNA role is deeply embedded in the Mayo Clinic practice with Mayo’s nurse anesthesia program being the oldest continually operating program in the country.
The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine is excited to add CRNAs to join a growing and expanding practice at Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato, MN. The CRNA will be joining a team of eight Anesthesiologists, seventeen Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and three Anesthesia Technicians. The CRNA provides anesthetic care for all types of cases with the exception of open hearts, places arterial lines and subarachnoid blocks, when needed.
Mayo Clinic Health System offers rewarding career opportunities in our regional medical centers, small critical access hospitals, and primary clinics that are nestled in rural towns in Minnesota and Wisconsin. We are consistently recognized among the best health care systems in the nation. We hope you consider a life-changing career at Mayo Clinic Health System.
At Mayo Clinic, you will experience:
- The Highest Quality Patient Care by placing the needs of the patient first. We will do everything in our power to help you deliver the world’s finest care for our patients.
- Our hospitals offer a wide range of clinical specialties with a variety of cases in both an outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Achievable work/life integration with flexible scheduling (8, 10, 12 hour shift lengths/0.8-1.0 FTE based on availability). Scheduling system via QGenda which gives you access via your phone or computer.
- Professional Growth and Career Opportunities. We invest in you. Mayo education and in-service opportunities help meet re-licensure needs while expanding your professional knowledge. Generous CEU benefits also enhance your personal development and growth throughout your career.
- Empowerment and Collaboration. Working in a team setting you will plan the anesthesia care with competence, compassion, and accountability. You’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Up to $20,000 relocation (taxable)
- Rare pension plan in addition to a 403(b) with employer match and additional 457(b) option
- Flexible choice options for Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Generous CME benefit
- View our video links below to learn more about our practice
This position requires a registered nurse who has completed a formal program in nurse anesthesia. A minimum of a Master’s degree required.
A Doctoral (DNP, DNAP, DrAP, PhD) degree preferred.
License or certification
A current Minnesota Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and a Registered Nurse license are required. National Board on the Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetist (NBCRNA) certification. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), PALS, NRP, and Basic Life Support (BLS) required for all CRNAs.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
- We utilize a computer assisted scheduling system (Qgenda) that allows employees convenient access to the schedule on-line.
- Normal day shift starts at 6:45 a.m. with the first case starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Mid-day shift is 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 2nd call weekday shift is 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- At home call at completion from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- 1st call weekday shift is 2:45 p.m. to 6:45 a.m. and is an in-house call shift.
- CRNA is off for the day following the 16 hour shift
- In-house call and home call distributed equally among sixteen full-time CRNA's
- In house shift from 6:45 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. & 6:45 p.m. to 6:45 a.m.
- Weekend back-up call shift is 7:00 p.m. Friday through 7:00 a.m. Monday
Mankato is one of the largest cities in southern MN and has earned several livability awards. Mankato's economic growth leads Minnesota and is among the top in the nation. The city has a contiguous population area of 96,740 and 1.6 million people live within 60 miles of Mankato. Greater Mankato is centrally located in south central Minnesota, nestled in the scenic beauty of the Minnesota River Valley, with convenient access to Minneapolis-St. Paul just one hour away.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.