Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a CRNA to join a growing CRNA only practice at Mayo Clinic Health System in Fairmont, MN. The CRNA will be joining a team of four Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists. The CRNAs administer anesthesia, including regional and neuraxial and anesthesia-related care as members of the CRNA anesthesia team. They provide/perform pre-anesthetic evaluations; anesthesia induction, maintenance and emergence; post-anesthesia care and follow-up and peri-anesthesia support.
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) performs clinical anesthesia duties and takes appropriate responsibility for direct patient care and for on-call as assigned. The CRNA prioritizes anesthetic decisions, administers anesthetic agents under department protocols and guidelines, and communicates patient status to healthcare team members. This individual performs coordinating duties by facilitating staff coverage, assignments, and breaks as needed for anesthesia providers. This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the lifespan. Possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and appropriately interpret information relative to the patient’s age-specific needs as required. The CRNA demonstrates leadership through involvement on committees and/or team projects, education, and research and actively seeks to improve the practice through performance improvement initiatives. This individual is active in professional organizations and participates in community activity. Emergency response to airway or code situations may be required. Position requires call and working weekends and holidays.
View our video link below to learn more about our practice:
Valid Minnesota registered nurse licensure
*Mayo employees attach 3 performance reviews. External applicants attach 2 letters of reference or previous last 3 performance reviews.
- Master’s Degree or higher in nursing or a health-related field
- A Doctoral (DNP, DNAP, DrAP, PhD) degree preferred.
- New graduates must pass the national certifying examination for nurse anesthetists (NBCRNA) within 6 months of program completion
- Advanced Practiced Registered Nurse
- Credentialed and privileged at Mayo Clinic Health System
- High level of creative problem solving and priority setting skills.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
- Position requires call and working weekends, overtime and holidays.
License or certification
- Minnesota RN License & current CRNA license.
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetist (AANA) certification or Board eligible
- National Board CRNA certification (NBCRNA)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Rotating weekly call schedule and rotating site schedule between Fairmont, St. James, and Springfield. Typically post call days off.
Rotating weekend call schedule with call coverage 0700 Friday-0700 Monday.
Fairmont, known as the “City of Lakes,” is located in the south central part of Minnesota, just two hours south of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro and one hour south of Mankato, Minnesota. An exceptional lifestyle awaits you in Fairmont’s friendly small town atmosphere with amenities truly unique for cities of its size. Fairmont offers outstanding four-season recreational activities and many other quality of life characteristics for the whole family including a safe & friendly community with exceptional school systems. The population is around 12,000 with a patient population base of around 60,000. For more information, visit www.visitfairmontmn.com
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).