Why Mayo Clinic
At Mayo Clinic, the needs of the patient come first. Part of this commitment involves conducting medical research with the goal of helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
You are invited to consider a career in Clinical Research where you will work together with research teams and coordinate clinical research protocols to develop new treatments or new ways to use existing treatments.
Mayo Clinic has been recognized two-years in a row as the best hospital in the nation for 2019-2020 by U.S. News & World Report. Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with over 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, exceptional benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, At Mayo Clinic, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life- changing career!
Position duties and responsibilities include:
The purpose of this posting is to develop candidate pools for our three clinical studies units:
- Independently coordinate complex (i.e. interventional, therapeutic greater than minimal risk) clinical research protocols with minimal direction from the principal investigator and/or supervisor in compliance with regulatory laws and institutional guidelines
- Collaborate with research team to assess feasibility and management of research protocols
- Ensure implementation of research protocols after IRB approval and provides information as appropriate for progress reports
- Screen, enroll, and recruit research participants
- Coordinate schedules and monitor research activities and subject participation
- Identify, review, and report adverse events, protocol deviations, and other unanticipated problems appropriately
- Manage, monitor, and report research data to maintain quality and compliance
- Provide education/training for others within the department
- Perform administrative and regulatory duties related to the study as appropriate
- Direct patient care (.i.e. EKGs, vitals, MMSE, Neuropsychological testing etc.)
- Interact with outside organization and external customers (i.e. sponsors, foundations, etc.) and represent Mayo Clinic in a professional manner.
- Some travel may be required
- Protocol development and maintenance activities
- Neuro Clinical Studies Unit
- Cancer Clinical Studies Unit
- General Clinical Studies Unit
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of experience in a clinical research setting or related field
- Complete Mayo Clinic competency based assessment program within one year of hire
Additional qualifications include:
- Graduate or diploma from a study coordinator training program is preferred
- Experience with disease state of respective study preferred
- SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred
- Medical terminology course preferred
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $23.89 per hour.
Core business hours are 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. The work schedule is an 8 hours/day, Monday - Friday within the core business hours. Flexible depending on patient care needs.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.