The Specialist will create, drive, implement, monitor and measure results of communication plans to advance diversity and inclusion across Mayo Clinic and externally as appropriate. The Specialist will plan, drive, implement, monitor, and measure results of communications plans to advance Mayo Clinic's mission, strategic plan, and business objectives. The Specialist has strong skills in the field of communications, media relations, social media, digital, news and/or staff engagement communications activities. Demonstrates a strong understanding of the communications discipline along with critical thinking and strategic counseling skills. Represents Mayo Clinic internally and externally. Demonstrates project management skills and the ability to manage projects through the entire project life cycle. Demonstrates strong writing, editing, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Proactively seeks opportunities to build positive relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, leaders and experts. Builds credibility with peers and internal stakeholders. Assesses opportunities for improvements, and demonstrates willingness and ability to adapt to change. Creates a strategic communications approach to elevate diversity and inclusion. The role will be responsible for: producing and distributing a weekly newsletter, producing annual reports, leveraging traditional communication tools as well as social media and technology, maintaining the ODI web pages and developing and implementing effective communication plans.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, which may include liberal arts, business, communications, marketing, healthcare, or similar field
- 3 years professional experience in a relevant field. Experience to include the following:
- Success in collaborating with team members and internal or external clients
- Ability to build strategic communications plans and understand business strategy
- Proficiency in developing strategic messages and content strategy
- Willingness to plan, manage and execute projects
- Strong writing background that could include internal communications, news and feature writing, digital communications, annual reports and other storytelling
- Ability to proactively develop story ideas, interview content experts and translate content into engaging articles
- Management of multiple, concurrent writing projects from concept to completion
- Must include resume and cover letter with application
- Position not available for sponsorship at this time
- While not required, a demonstrated interest in or commitment to diversity and inclusion would be an asset.
- Broad based knowledge of communications marketing strategies.
- Requires strong leadership, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening, persuasive, oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proven communications consultative, planning and execution abilities.
- Must be able to work effectively in a consensus-style and collaborative environment that expects and promotes teamwork.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must possess the ability to inspire trust and confidence and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively to prioritize and drive forward multiple projects.
- Must possess high personal motivation supporting a strong work ethic, flexibility, and creativity.
- Has a positive influence on others.
- Position requires occasional travel and the flexibility to work weekends and evenings as necessary.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2492.80, based on a full-time position.
Monday through Friday, daytime hours
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).