Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2017-2018), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
Mayo Clinic Health System in Owatonna, MN, is seeking a Dermatologist to join a busy, growing practice. The ideal physician should be a team player, enjoy working closely with multi-specialty group members and communicate well with colleagues and patients. The opportunity exists for a joint appointment with Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
- 60 physician multi-specialty community practice with large physician referral base of 45,000
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin rashes, skin lesions, mouth, hair and nail disorders
- Surgical treatment of skin cancers - Cutaneous biopsies
- Cryotherapy - Excisional surgery
- Ultraviolet light therapy
- Laser therapy
- Therapeutic injections
- Cosmetic Procedures - Botox
- Hospital consultation provided on skin lesions an as-needed basis
- Comprehensive benefits package (including a defined benefit pension plan) and competitive salary guarantee
- Common EMR/PACS across all Mayo Clinic Health System sites
License or certification
Board Eligible or Board Certified (BE/BC) in Dermatology
Owatonna, Minnesota is a thriving community of over 25,000 people, boasting one of the strongest economies in Minnesota. Located just 38 miles west of Rochester, MN and 60 miles south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Owatonna is home to more than 40 industrial business firms as well as the headquarters for Federated Insurance. Minnesota State University, Mankato is located 40 miles west in Mankato as well as renowned private colleges, St. Olaf and Carlton located in Northfield, 35 miles north of Owatonna. Kaplan's Woods Parkway offers 225 acres for hiking, biking, jogging, picnicking and cross-country skiing. Excellent golfing is available at public and private courses, several of which are staffed by full-time golf instructors. For the tennis enthusiast, both outdoor and indoor facilities provide opportunities for year-round participation. Because many residents love music and the arts, the Owatonna Arts Center displays the work of many local and national artists.
Physicians & Scientists
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).