Center for Digital Health
Why Mayo Clinic
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic's mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds and creating an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. This commitment to diversity is woven into the fabric of Mayo Clinic — we embrace these values as we serve our patients, employees, students, suppliers and communities.
Mayo Clinic is respected and recognized as a world leader in healthcare, medical research, and clinical expertise. As we accelerate movement into the digital future, Mayo fully recognizes the next generation of health care will dramatically change, driven by consumerism, technology, and data.
The Mayo Clinic 2030 strategy of CURE, CONNECT & TRANSFORM sets the vision of transforming healthcare as the global authority in the care of serious or complex disease. Advanced use of data, ML/AI and traditional analytics is woven through all aspects of this strategy and considered foundational to achieving it.
The Department of Data & Analytics (DDA) is responsible for driving Mayo’s Data, Data Management and Data consumption vision. DDA will strive to enable a data centric organization, provide supporting capabilities to meet the needs of all organizational stakeholders, and establish an environment of continuous improvement with high levels of proficiency.
Mayo Clinic is seeking a Director of Analytics Enablement in the Department of Data & Analytics. This leader will be responsible for leading and mentoring teams implementing cutting edge analytics systems, tools and services that operate at unprecedented scale for data from various sources including on-prem and within Google cloud.
This is a full-time remote role.
- Be an active member of the leadership team to drive transformation and deliver on the Mayo Data & Analytics strategy to enable the Mayo 2030 Cure Connect & Transform Vision
- Responsible for leading agile product teams who are building innovative, world-class medical analytics products for both internal and external use.
- Build the operational roadmap for Data Analytics big bets that Mayo Clinic has invested in to drive step-change impact for our products.
- Build Analytics tools for data analytics at Mayo Clinic working with internal and external teams like Google and Epic which operate at scale.
- Have a clear pulse on innovations across the broader analytics community, helping to identify new opportunities in emerging technology.
- Drive product development with multiple teams of world-class engineers, designers, product specialists.
- Analyze key performance indicators that measure the success of products
- Support the needs of the clinical practice and the Mayo Platform business
- Be a data analytics thought leader, evangelizing how it can be leveraged to improve cures and remove friction in administration journeys.
- Build strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with technical, design, business, IT and compliance counterparts to ensure the smooth development and delivery Data Analytics products.
- Master’s degree in a Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Health Science, or related fields; Ph. D would be an asset.
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics.
- 5+ years of business management/leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience and experience mentoring/developing technology professionals.
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, collaboration, communication skills, and cultural awareness
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to stay abreast and incorporate industry trends
- Track record of promoting a diverse and inclusive culture
- Exceptional analytical, written, oral, and presentation skills with proven track record of effectively communicating actionable insights.
- Exemplary diplomatic skills and ability to help senior business leaders see value, opportunities, and risks beyond their own area of expertise.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and anticipate the impact of administrative issues and solutions.
- Experience in data and analytics related to healthcare would be an asset.
M-F, daytime hours
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Administration, Business, Finance
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.