The Director, Finance – MCP reports to the Mayo Clinic Chief Financial Officer (CFO), is a member of the Mayo Clinic Finance Leadership Team, and serves as the finance leader accelerating the strategies and operations for Mayo Clinic Platform. This leadership role will provide critical finance expertise to drive strategic and operational business decisions, and will influence strategy and business processes, focusing on business cases, projects and decision support. The position is responsible for supporting business planning activities, reporting, financial analyses and ad hoc projects to support assigned business clients.
• Provides leadership in a team environment supporting complex, ambiguous and highly visible multidisciplinary activities or projects.
• Leads financial planning processes including long range planning and quarterly/annual budgets, Forecasts (including IT and storage costs), capital planning, etc.
• Develops new approaches to address the unique business needs of the Mayo Clinic Platform (MCP), including the application of operating model approaches and software/technology utilization, while ensuring an optimal level of integration with the broader Mayo Clinic organization
• Spearheads change and leads others in implementation; actively communicates and presents information to various audiences
• Leads financial modeling for existing and new lines of business (build, buy, partner, invest)
• Builds new consolidated financial reports and develop analyses for the summarized platform segment and for individual platform service lines, including full balance sheet and income statement views
• Creates deep-dive analytics around patient or other volume-based activity, service line dynamics, and profitability vertically and horizontally, key metrics and trends associated with platform businesses (e.g., Home Hospital Platform, Clinical Data Analytics Platform, Remote Diagnostic Platform, etc.)
• Assists in the planning and development of new and expanding businesses, including operational plans, project plans, financial plans, models, forecasts and budgets
• Coordinates with other finance areas of expertise such as tax compliance, Financial Reporting & Consolidations, Management Analytics, and others for proper accounting treatment, regulatory and compliance needs, and reporting of operations across MCP’s companies and business activities
• Contributes to the development of appropriate financial and performance key performance metrics in support of prioritization
• Analyzes and challenge key assumptions (in strategy, assigned projects, as well as operational variances and forecasts), Identify and explain material budget vs actual variances and assess the impact of variances on the financial forecast
• Handles ambiguous situations in a productive and professional manner and leads others through such situations successfully.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field • Minimum eight years of relevant financial experience, preferably in the technology industry • Working knowledge of financial management systems and tools • Experience in building and growing the financial infrastructure of a new organization with multiple lines of business • Comfortable being a hands-on matrixed leader, while also having the presence to engage with executives across the organization. • Experience with private equity and venture capitalism is preferred.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.