Facilities & System Support
Why Mayo Clinic
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic's mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds. We aim to diversify our workforce to represent the communities we serve and continue to create an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. This commitment to diversity is woven into the fabric of Mayo Clinic — we embrace these values as we serve our patients, employees, students, suppliers, and communities. Become part of the legacy that embraces our differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
An Electronic Equipment Technician repairs, calibrates, maintains and performs preventative maintenance and makes purchasing recommendations for building electronics and systems assigned to the Downtown Mayo Clinic Rochester campus. Systems include but not limited to: card access, fire systems, security cameras, conveyance systems, intercoms, public address systems and cable TV.
• The technician maintains much of the building electronics used to run the facilities assigned to the Downtown Facilities Operations. This equipment and systems must be maintained such it can produce the accurate results needed to monitor and run the buildings assigned.
• The ability to read schematics, blue prints and operates a variety of equipment related to the diagnosis of electronic equipment
• The technician must prioritize the work appropriately and be available to work overtime as needed.
• Technicians must be customer focused with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• The technician must be committed to continuously improving their knowledge and abilities in order to become and remain proficient.
Requires a two-year degree from a technical school in electronics OR four years of service experience in electronics, building equipment and/or systems. Four years of military experience in an electronic field will be considered in lieu of the educational requirements.
NICET Certification and Power Limited Technician is preferred, additional licensure and certification will be considered.
License or certification
Valid Minnesota Driver’s License is required.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $25.09 per hour.
Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Shift start and end times vary due to the on-call schedule.
As needed due to scheduled work, emergency needs or on-call.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.