Why Mayo Clinic
Practice within the Department of Emergency Medicine, a collaboration of 3 Academic Centers and 20 Community –based practices with more than 190 Emergency Medicine Physicians and 90 NPs and PAs who provide care to more than 350,000 patient visits a year. Learn, teach, and grow with an organization with exceptional resources in education, teaching, and state-of-the art equipment. Experience institutional support and access to prompt consults from world-renowned subspecialty experts and join a team that operates under one mission, vision and value to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
Discover these and many other reasons why Mayo Clinic is recognized as the # 1 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN seeks a residency-trained, board certified/eligible Academic Emergency Physician to join our practice. The opportunity includes the following:
- Clinical practice in a busy (76,000 total annual visits with 15,000 pediatric visits), high acuity academic ED and Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
- A newly expanded and renovated state of the art ED and Pediatric ED
- Teaching in outstanding Emergency Medicine residency programs, the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education and Mayo Medical School
- Collaboration within an integrated network of 21 other Emergency Departments in the upper Midwest and with colleagues in Florida and Arizona
- A world-class multidisciplinary simulation center
- Collaboration with system engineers and analysts, programmers and designers from the Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery, to study and optimize ED Operations
- Numerous opportunities for collaborative research, with administrative support and intramural funding available
- Accomplished colleagues with an unwavering commitment to high value patient care, education, and research
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Physicians & Scientists
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).