Why Mayo Clinic
Practice within the Department of Emergency Medicine, a collaboration of 3 Academic Centers and 20 Community –based practices with more than 190 Emergency Medicine Physicians and 80 NPs and PAs who provide care to more than 350,000 patient visits a year. Learn, teach, and grow with an organization with exceptional resources in education, teaching, and state-of-the art equipment. Experience institutional support and access to prompt consults from world-renowned subspecialty experts and join a team that operates under one mission, vision and value to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
Discover these and many other reasons why Mayo Clinic is recognized as the # 1 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report 2019-2020
Southwest Minnesota Region:
- Potential leadership opportunities early in your career
- Flexible scheduling that allows monthly vacation and numerous consecutive days off
- Shifts shared equally without preference to tenure or experience
- Multiple opportunities to pick up additional shifts to maximize compensation
- Mayo Clinic is on the cutting edge of health care reform
Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package:
- Salary exceeds competitive hourly rate
- Excellent medical, dental, and spending account provided
- World famous Mayo malpractice coverage
- Generous CME stipend
- Retirement pension ensures secure financial future
Mankato Practice Model: Mankato is located in a beautiful river valley south of the Twin Cities. It is a progressive college community with outstanding four-season recreational actives (16 lakes within 25 miles).
- Mayo Clinic Helicopter based in Mankato 24/7
- Multispecialty Clinic & integrated hospital owned by Mayo Clinic
- New state of the art (26 bed) facility
- Trauma level III
- 1.5 patients / hour
- 30,000 visits/year
- Admit rate: 22%
- Full specialty backup
- Physician double/triple coverage, 17/24 hours with scribe support
Inquiries may contact:
License or certification
Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine Physician
Mankato is one of the largest cities in southern MN and has earned several livability awards. Mankato's economic growth leads Minnesota and is among the top in the nation. The city has a contiguous population area of 96,740 and 1.6 million people live within 60 miles of Mankato. Greater Mankato is centrally located in south central Minnesota, nestled in the scenic beauty of the Minnesota River Valley, with convenient access to Minneapolis-St. Paul just one hour away.
Physicians & Scientists
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).