The Graduate Research Employment Program (GREP) is a post-baccalaureate program for participants with an interest in biomedical research. The primary purpose of GREP is to provide a post-baccalaureate laboratory research experience that applies skills in science, technology, engineering or math to biomedical research including basic science or translational research. GREP participants gain research experience that may help them to decide on a career path related to biomedical research. In addition, the experience can increase the participants’ competitiveness and preparation for the next step in their career. These goals are achieved by providing:
• A mentored research experience in a world-class biomedical research laboratory
• Opportunities to participate in selected graduate classes and seminars
• Career development, mentoring and networking opportunities
• Presentation opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong background in science, technology, engineering, or math
• Interest in biomedical research
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Authorization to work and remain in the United States, without necessity for Mayo Clinic sponsorship now, or in the future (for example, be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident, refugee or asylee)
• A current transcript submission required – unofficial transcripts will be accepted
• A 1-2 sentence statement of research interest
Students that do not meet these criteria do not qualify.
Applicants who are currently in Graduate or Medical School are not eligible.
Eligibility of applicants with advanced degrees above BA or BS depend on the specific degree
This position has a predetermined rate of $15.50 per hour.
Monday - Friday, Days. Some weekend may be required
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.