Why Mayo Clinic
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges – one patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
Mayo Clinic is seeking a fellowship-trained Head and Neck/Microvascular Surgeon to join our busy academic practice in Jacksonville, FL.
The Head and Neck division of the department of Otolaryngology has a thriving multidisciplinary oropharynx cancer clinic, a robust transoral surgical practice, a multidisciplinary oral cavity cancer and reconstructive practice, a busy microvascular practice supported by 2 surgeon(s), a busy skull base practice supported by excellent neurosurgeons, and a collaborative and patient centered care model.
The qualified candidate will join 3 experienced Head and Neck Otolaryngologists, in the department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the Mayo Clinic system which focuses on world-class patient centric tertiary care.
This opportunity offers the appropriate person to rapidly attain clinical, academic, teaching, and leadership experience:
Candidates must possess:
- Position will focus on building the robotics practice using the DaVinci SP robot and other robotic platforms
- Attain a busy head and neck and reconstructive surgical practice with mentorship support from an established head and neck team
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary colleagues in the treatment of head and neck cancer
- Benefit from research and innovation support
- Train the future, with our new ENT residency program through Mayo Graduate Education, to open in 2022-23.
- MD, DO or equivalent degree from an accredited institution
- Fellowship training in an accredited Head and Neck Fellowship
- Microvascular and Transoral Robotic Surgery experience preferred
- BE/BC - American Board of Otolaryngology
- Eligibility for licensure in the state of Florida
License or certification
BE/BC from American Board of Otolaryngology and eligible for Florida medical licensure.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Physicians & Scientists
All Physicians Specialties
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.