Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida invites you to consider a life-changing career as a HLA Lab Supervisor. This position will manage the technical operations of our growing HLA laboratory.
Mayo Clinic has been recognized two-years in a row as the best hospital in the nation for 2019-2020 by U.S. News & World Report. Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with over 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, exceptional benefits including medical, dental, paid time off, At Mayo Clinic, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life- changing career!
Positon duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages the technical operation of the hospital/clinic laboratory sub-departments of HLA in support of Transplant Services.
- Performs and reports laboratory procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for the Technical Supervisor duties in the clinical laboratory as outlined in the Federal Register in meeting Federal, state and accrediting agency standards.
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or related field required. Must possess MT (ASCP) Certification or equivalent.
- Must have or be eligible for a Florida State Clinical Technologist License and Laboratory Supervisor's License in Immunology or Histocompatibility HLA.
- Minimum of five years of experience.
- HLA experience required.
Certification requirements include:
- CHT required
- CHS preferred.
License or certification
License requirements include:
- Florida State Clinical Technologist License HLA.
- State of Florida Laboratory Supervisor's License in HLA.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday - Friday, Days
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.