Healthcare Technology Management
Why Mayo Clinic
Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) is seeking an experienced biomedical equipment technician in Wisconsin.
The current opening is on the Biomed team. The employee will work with a team of 17 and assist with PM and repairs in areas such as the Operating Room, Emergency Department, Respiratory Care, Critical Care, Neurology, Medical Telemetry, and other clinical areas. The employee will be joining a very effective team with a customer service based service mentality.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and current asset management software. Consistently demonstrates strong skills and tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment and interconnected systems (VLAN, isolated network and Mayo network). Individuals in this position must be highly customer focused with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be highly experienced with an exceptional technical skillset, comprehensive clinical knowledge and be able to work with minimal supervision on a regular basis. Also must be capable of giving in-service education for clinical and technical staff on critical medical devices and systems, and serve as a professional coach/mentor for clinical and HTM staff on an as needed basis. On-call and overtime is often required as well as travel to other Mayo Clinic sites. A Healthcare Engineering Technician 2 will typically have more than three years of proven successful service of a diverse spectrum of medical equipment.
Must have one of the below:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electronics, or other related technology fields and 3 years of medical equipment service experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Biomedical Engineering Technology
• Associate of Applied Science degree from a Biomedical Electronics Program
• Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology with three years’ of successfully servicing of a variety of medical equipment in a hospital and/or clinic setting
• US Military Biomedical Equipment Specialist training
Including the following:
• Knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English anatomy, physiology, biology, medical terminology
• Strong understanding of common clinical terminology and the medical practice
• Strong network/computer/IT skillset
• High level of professionalism
• Driver’s license
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
AAMI ACI Certified (BMET Biomedical Electronic Technician, CRES Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist, CLES Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialist), proven work experience, high-level technical training in related fields, and manufacturer/vendor training certifications preferred.
Demonstrates a high- level knowledge of clinical, radiological, laboratory and networked medical equipment and systems.
• Ability to use common electrical and electronic instruments such as o-scopes, multi-meters, radiation meters. Ability to load and configure Microsoft operating system software, load and configure antivirus software, and configure equipment to work properly on a network.
• Exhibits a strong understanding and can effectively communicate the use of devices supported
• Can provide high-level support of high acuity medical equipment used for direct patient care
• Has a high- level understanding of the operations and environment that they support e.g.; hospital, clinic, laboratory, research, etc.
• Possesses high-level experience in their assigned clinical environment
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $27 per hour.
The core work schedule is 8:00 a. m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. This schedule includes a 30-minute, non-paid meal break. Additionally, the incumbent will be scheduled on a rotating on-call schedule to support additional coverage. The rotation is typically one (1) week every 3-6 weeks in rotation
A weekend shift may be scheduled as needed and also during the rotating on-call coverage.
Eau Claire, with a metro area of 163,000 is home to the 11,000 students at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Strong schools, low crime rate, and a reasonable cost of living may be expected. With an abundance of outdoor activities, The city also serves as the retail center for west central Wisconsin and the major metro area of Minneapolis/St. Paul is 90 minutes away. Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is recognized as a Best Hospital in Northwestern Wisconsin and within the top 10 for Hospitals in Wisconsin (U.S. News & World Report, 2019-2020).
Healthcare Technology Management
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).