Healthcare Technology Management
Why Mayo Clinic
Seeking candidates to fill a technician vacancy. The Biomedical Equipment Technician will perform preventative maintenance on medical devices and medical equipment.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and current asset management software. Consistently demonstrates strong skills and tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment and interconnected systems (VLAN, isolated network and Mayo network). Individuals in this position must be highly customer focused with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be highly experienced with an exceptional technical skillset, comprehensive clinical knowledge and be able to work with minimal supervision on a regular basis. Also must be capable of giving in-service education for clinical and technical staff on critical medical devices and systems, and serve as a professional coach/mentor for clinical and HTM staff on an as needed basis. On-call and overtime is often required as well as travel to other Mayo Clinic sites. A Healthcare Engineering Technician 2 will typically have more than three years of proven successful service of a diverse spectrum of medical equipment.
Must have one of the below:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electronics, or other related technology fields and 3 years of medical equipment service experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Biomedical Engineering Technology
• Associate of Applied Science degree from a Biomedical Electronics Program
• Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology with three years’ of successfully servicing of a variety of medical equipment in a hospital and/or clinic setting
• US Military Biomedical Equipment Specialist training
Including the following:
• Knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English anatomy, physiology, biology, medical terminology
• Strong understanding of common clinical terminology and the medical practice
• Strong network/computer/IT skillset
• High level of professionalism
• Driver’s license
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
AAMI ACI Certified (BMET Biomedical Electronic Technician, CRES Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist, CLES Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialist), proven work experience, high-level technical training in related fields, and manufacturer/vendor training certifications preferred.
Demonstrates a high- level knowledge of clinical, radiological, laboratory and networked medical equipment and systems.
• Ability to use common electrical and electronic instruments such as o-scopes, multi-meters, radiation meters. Ability to load and configure Microsoft operating system software, load and configure antivirus software, and configure equipment to work properly on a network.
• Exhibits a strong understanding and can effectively communicate the use of devices supported
• Can provide high-level support of high acuity medical equipment used for direct patient care
• Has a high- level understanding of the operations and environment that they support e.g.; hospital, clinic, laboratory, research, etc.
• Possesses high-level experience in their assigned clinical environment
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $27 per hour.
Core hours: Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00, with additional work schedule may be needed outside of these hours based on the needs of the department, and for rotating on-call schedule.
Fairmont, known as the “City of Lakes,” is located in the south central part of Minnesota, just two hours south of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro and one hour south of Mankato, Minnesota. An exceptional lifestyle awaits you in Fairmont’s friendly small town atmosphere with amenities truly unique for cities of its size. Fairmont offers outstanding four-season recreational activities and many other quality of life characteristics for the whole family including a safe & friendly community with exceptional school systems. The population is around 12,000 with a patient population base of around 60,000. For more information, visit www.visitfairmontmn.com
Healthcare Technology Management
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).