Healthcare Technology Management
Why Mayo Clinic
Healthcare Technology Management seeking biomedical equipment specialist to work as a healthcare engineering-technician 2.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and current asset management software. Consistently demonstrates strong skills and tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment and interconnected systems (VLAN, isolated network and Mayo network). Individuals in this position must be highly customer focused with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be highly experienced with an exceptional technical skillset, comprehensive clinical knowledge and be able to work with minimal supervision on a regular basis. Also must be capable of giving in-service education for clinical and technical staff on critical medical devices and systems, and serve as a professional coach/mentor for clinical and HTM staff on an as needed basis. On-call and overtime is often required as well as travel to other Mayo Clinic sites. A Healthcare Engineering Technician 2 will typically have more than three years of proven successful service of a diverse spectrum of medical equipment.
Must have one of the below:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electronics, or other related technology fields and 3 years of medical equipment service experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Biomedical Engineering Technology
• Associate of Applied Science degree from a Biomedical Electronics Program
• Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology with three years’ of successfully servicing of a variety of medical equipment in a hospital and/or clinic setting
• US Military Biomedical Equipment Specialist training
Including the following:
• Knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English anatomy, physiology, biology, medical terminology
• Strong understanding of common clinical terminology and the medical practice
• Strong network/computer/IT skillset
• High level of professionalism
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
AAMI ACI Certified (BMET Biomedical Electronic Technician, CRES Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist, CLES Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialist), proven work experience, high-level technical training in related fields, and manufacturer/vendor training certifications preferred.
emonstrates a high- level knowledge of clinical, radiological, laboratory and networked medical equipment and systems.
• Ability to use common electrical and electronic instruments such as o-scopes, multi-meters, radiation meters. Ability to load and configure Microsoft operating system software, load and configure antivirus software, and configure equipment to work properly on a network.
• Exhibits a strong understanding and can effectively communicate the use of devices supported
• Can provide high-level support of high acuity medical equipment used for direct patient care
• Has a high- level understanding of the operations and environment that they support e.g.; hospital, clinic, laboratory, research, etc.
• Possesses high-level experience in their assigned clinical environment
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $29.95 per hour.
Rotation and on-call scheduled as needed per work unit. May require nights and weekends for on-call support
On-call schedule as needed
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Healthcare Technology Management
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.