Healthcare Technology Management
Why Mayo Clinic
Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) is seeking biomedical equipment technicians to perform preventative maintenance and repair on medical devices and equipment in a healthcare setting. Preferred experience as a biomed tech within a laboratory setting and with experience working on laboratory equipment (PMs and repair).
Mayo Clinic is recognized as one of the top employers by Forbes and Fortune magazines and is ranked No. 1 in Healthcare in Arizona by US News and World Report. Mayo Clinic provides excellent opportunities for continuing education to remain current in today's technology and career growth. We provide very good benefits and pleasant work environment.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic's mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds and creating an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. This commitment to diversity is woven into the fabric of Mayo Clinic — we embrace these values as we serve our patients, employees, students, suppliers and communities.
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and current asset management software. Consistently demonstrates strong skills and tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment and interconnected systems (VLAN, isolated network and Mayo network). Individuals in this position must be highly customer focused with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Individuals must be highly experienced with an exceptional technical skillset, comprehensive clinical knowledge and be able to work with minimal supervision on a regular basis. Also must be capable of giving in-service education for clinical and technical staff on critical medical devices and systems, and serve as a professional coach/mentor for clinical and HTM staff on an as needed basis. On-call and overtime is often required as well as travel to other Mayo Clinic sites. A Healthcare Engineering Technician 2 will typically have more than three years of proven successful service of a diverse spectrum of medical equipment.
Must have one of the below:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, electronics, or other related technology fields and 3 years of medical equipment service experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a Biomedical Engineering Technology
• Associate of Applied Science degree from a Biomedical Electronics Program
• Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology with three years’ of successfully servicing of a variety of medical equipment in a hospital and/or clinic setting
• US Military Biomedical Equipment Specialist training
Including the following:
• Knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, English anatomy, physiology, biology, medical terminology
• Strong understanding of common clinical terminology and the medical practice
• Strong network/computer/IT skillset
• High level of professionalism
• Driver’s license
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
Preference may be given to biomedical equipment technicians with experience, and years of experience with laboratory environment and/or specifically performing PMs and repair on laboratory equipment. Looking for service technicians with experience servicing Roche chemistry, Sysmex hematology, Instrumentation Laboratory coagulation equipment, Siemens or Arkray urine analysis, Radiometer blood gas analyzers, or other core chemistry, hematology or coagulation laboratory instruments. Experience servicing other sophisticated laboratory equipment such as BD Microbiology, Flow Cytometry, Automated Liquid Handling, Microscopes or other optical devices are also applicable.
AAMI ACI Certified (BMET Biomedical Electronic Technician, CRES Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist, CLES Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialist), proven work experience, high-level technical training in related fields, and manufacturer/vendor training certifications preferred.
Demonstrates a high- level knowledge of clinical, radiological, laboratory and networked medical equipment and systems.
• Ability to use common electrical and electronic instruments such as o-scopes, multi-meters, radiation meters. Ability to load and configure Microsoft operating system software, load and configure antivirus software, and configure equipment to work properly on a network.
• Exhibits a strong understanding and can effectively communicate the use of devices supported
• Can provide high-level support of high acuity medical equipment used for direct patient care
• Has a high- level understanding of the operations and environment that they support e.g.; hospital, clinic, laboratory, research, etc.
• Possesses high-level experience in their assigned clinical environment
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $30 per hour.
Day Shift Weekdays (Specific Hours to be determined). Weekends and on-call as needed.
Must be able to work weekends as needed.
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Healthcare Technology Management
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.