Why Mayo Clinic
The Radiation Oncology and Nursing Systems Unit is seeking an Analyst Programmer to join Nursing Information Technology. This position will be assigned to the Nursing Web Operations team. Providing custom web development and operational support for Mayo’s enterprise wide nursing website.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing new features, troubleshooting and maintaining the application, and improving user web experience. The operational tasks include handling on-call issues for the My Nursing application, Lippincott system, and Department of Nursing (DON) Intranet home pages. The selected candidate will interface routinely with colleagues across Mayo Enterprise to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Required skills or experience:
- Design and develop new web application features.
- UI/UX design – build mockups and share design with user groups to obtain design plan approval.
- Creation and design of UX/UI artifacts for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to responsive web, iOS and Android.
- Conduct primary & secondary research
- Build high fidelity prototypes for validation usability tests
- Develop alternative approaches to meeting product requirements, using judgment to suggest optimal solutions to design problems that takes into consideration customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Create and deliver UX documentation, including user flows, journey maps, user personas and annotated wireframes
- Concept, create and deliver UI documentation, including visual design, clickable prototypes, style guides, etc.
- Troubleshoot and maintain custom web applications and vended applications in collaboration with team members, end users, and vendors.
- Maintain Content Management System in collaboration with senior technical team members.
- Demonstrate a commitment to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Working in team environment openly sharing ideas.
- Document requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans in terminology technical and business teams can understand.
- Developer tools GIT, PHP, and WordPress.
Bachelor’s degree and training/experience in technical development; OR, Associate’s degree and 5 years’ professional experience in technical development.
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
Preference to candidates with work experience in one or more desired technologies.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) for tracking work request backlog.
- ServiceNow for Incident Management and Knowledge Base Management.
- System Administration
- Data security
- Data redundancy
- Web Frameworks like Angular, React, and NodeJS.
- Shell scripting and Linux environments.
- Tableau dashboard development.
Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, and computer programming.
Ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities. Possesses ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately. Aids in the evaluation of alternative approaches and may help in presenting recommendations to teams and unit. Evidence of strong communication and organizational skills.
May interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Acts as a liaison to Mayo departments and vendors to adequately support the division's computing systems. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,420 based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).