Why Mayo Clinic
The Product Management Unit within the Mayo Clinic External Patient and Provider Services (EPPS) Section is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join its Patient Online Services team as an IT Analyst/Programmer. EPPS supports the Center for Connected Care and the Center for Digital Health, vital Mayo Clinic practice strategies aimed at improving access, service, and affordability of health care by using technology to extend Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise to patients, consumers, and providers.
The IT Analyst/Programmer will develop, support and maintain an inventory of external facing patient applications. The successful candidate will have proven skills in web development on the Microsoft .Net platform and a passion for delivering high quality applications. Additionally, will be a proven self-starter with the ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities. Must also possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately and show evidence of strong communication and organization skills. Experience optimizing web applications for viewing on a mobile device preferred.
- Provides IT support for vended and custom applications, including resolving highly complex issues, and assists with data security, redundancy, and support in collaboration with more senior technical staff.
- Conducts root-cause analysis by researching hardware environment and software application and system problems, works with colleagues and customers to resolve issues, documents resolution, and communicates resolution with customer.
- Regularly reviews applications and makes modifications and/or updates of a single system application or basic software and their associated hardware at multiple Mayo Clinic sites to ensure currency and functionality within the established environment.
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across Mayo Clinic.
- Produces and maintains documentation such as systems requirements, designs, resource inventories and plans as requested.
- Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership. Manage issues that cross organizational boundaries using standard tools and practices.
- Required to participate in 24/7 on-call support.
Bachelor’s degree and training/experience in technical development;
OR, Associate’s degree and 5 years’ professional experience in technical development.
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, and computer programming.
Ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities. Possesses ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately. Aids in the evaluation of alternative approaches and may help in presenting recommendations to teams and unit. Evidence of strong communication and organizational skills.
Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,805.60, based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. May be required to participate in 24/7 on-call support.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.