Why Mayo Clinic
The Radiation Oncology and Nursing Systems Unit is seeking a Senior Analyst Programmer to join Nursing Information Technology. This position will be assigned to the Nursing Web Operations team. Providing custom web development and operational support for Mayo’s enterprise wide nursing website.
The successful candidate will be tasked with developing new features, troubleshooting and maintaining the application, and improving user web experience. The operational tasks include handling on-call issues for the My Nursing application, Lippincott system, and Department of Nursing (DON) Intranet home pages. The selected candidate will interface routinely with colleagues across Mayo Enterprise to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Required skills or experience:
- Experience with developer tools GIT, PHP, and WordPress.
- Evaluate new products/technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations.
- Monitor and respond to technical hardware and software problems utilizing testing tools and techniques as well as assist in managing overall system capacity.
- Shell scripting and Linux environments.
- Interface with vendors and other support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Assist in preparation and presentation of proposals that consider alternatives and business case gains to meet institutional needs.
- Develop alternative approaches to meeting product requirements, using judgment to suggest optimal solutions to design problems that takes into consideration customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Troubleshoot and maintain custom web applications and vended applications in collaboration with team members, end users, and vendors.
- Maintain Content Management System in collaboration with senior technical team members.
- System Administration
- Data security
- Data redundancy
- Demonstrate a commitment to meet established deadlines and priorities.
- Work in team environment openly sharing ideas.
- Document requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans in terminology technical and business teams understand.
- Mentor and train team members.
- Provide technical and project oversight.
- Design and develop new web application features.
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across Mayo Clinic. In conjunction with more senior technical staff, develops proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gains needed institutional approvals. Evaluates alternative approaches and presents recommendations to teams and unit leadership. Regularly reviews applications and makes modifications and/or updates to ensure currency and functionality within established environment. Maintains and supports multiple systems or complex software applications and their associated hardware at multiple Mayo Clinic sites. Produces and maintains documentation such as system requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans. Provides technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrates initiative, and works independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities. Works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders. May interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Acts as a liaison to Mayo departments and vendors to adequately support the division’s computing systems. Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience, including 1 year demonstrated technical experience; Or, Associate’s degree and 7 years’ experience, including 1 year demonstrated technical experience.
This vacancy is not eligible for sponsorship/ we will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position.
- UI/UX design – build mockups and share design with user groups to obtain design plan approval.
- Creation and design of UX/UI artifacts for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to responsive web, iOS and Android.
- Build high fidelity prototypes for validation usability tests
- Create and deliver UX documentation, including user flows, journey maps, user personas and annotated wireframes
- Concept, create and deliver UI documentation, including visual design, clickable prototypes, style guides, etc.
- Web Frameworks like Angular, React, and NodeJS.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) for tracking work request backlog.
- ServiceNow for Incident Management and Knowledge Base Management.
- Tableau dashboard development.
Applies effective system design principles and software development methodologies. Demonstrated ability to multi-task among multiple complex assigned tasks/projects. Evidence of strong communication, meeting management, and organizational skills and ability to adjust the message as appropriate to the audiences of varying technical capabilities. Evidence of project management skills. Possesses an objective and positive attitude with all tasks and projects. Possesses a high level of project and deliverable consistency through demonstrated repeatable and reliable performance. Evidence of ability to take initiative and proactive on starting tasks and assignments and ability to work independently. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications. Masters degree in applicable field preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,976 based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).