Why Mayo Clinic
Digital Enterprise ArchitectMayo Clinic is looking for a Digital Architect to join the Office of the CTO Enterprise Architecture team. This person will provide technical & strategic leadership as a key IT leader to advance Mayo Clinic’s digital strategy, working in partnership with the Center for Digital Health, the Mayo Clinic Platform, and other digital centric business initiatives.
- Define and drive the product/technology’s strategic direction from a technical perspective, serving as both an information resource to executive management regarding existing performance/capabilities, and as the product/technology’s “visionary”, providing executive management with a grasp of its future capabilities and technical potential
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to the product/technology’s systems development team. Create technology roadmaps, making assertions about technology directions and determining their consequences for the technical strategy and hence architectural approach. Work with tech leads to communicate technical direction to programming community
- Align the technical direction with business needs, leading the team to make the correct compromises between short-term business opportunity and long-term technical vision.
- Partner with business stakeholders, product and engineering organizations to establish 3-year roadmaps that act as guides for achieving the long-term strategic plans of the enterprise.
- Establish and maintain a Digital IT Technology Strategy for Mayo Clinic
- Drive strong engagement with the Center for Digital Health and Marketing product teams in defining architecture to support digital transformation from vision and strategy to execution Establish and maintain a Digital IT Technology Strategy for Mayo Clinic.
- Partner with Digital Product Owners through the visioning and release planning phases of the agile based product delivery to ensure success of business value and technology objectives.
- Architect next-generation technology platforms and their supporting ecosystems to deliver a data-centric, best in class digital health experience
- Partner with technology architecture teams to align various digital domain architectures to overall Enterprise architecture strategies and roadmap
- Design and lead the implementation of Digital and Marketing Technology Architecture (reference architecture) based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Evaluate soundness of potential technology acquisitions and provides formal analysis of recommendations regarding capabilities, utility within the scope of the Company’s existing technologies, integration issues and technology-based benefits
- Contact and develop relationships with third party developers. Explain potential interface with existing products, providing insights into the possibilities of multi product/technology-based solutions to complex technology issues
- Support infrastructure and operations of services balancing the importance of security, deployment and management of services·
Responsible for technical architecture and recommendations in one or more information technology domains.
Works to ensure that the technology objectives and solutions of the enterprise are aligned to the business mission, strategy, goals, and processes. Ability to establish, maintain, and communicate a technology vision within an Information Technology discipline. Builds a critical mass of support at all levels of the organization and across departments for a given technical direction through talks, articles, blogging, demonstrations, or interpersonal communication. Participates in major technical decisions, develops technical proposals that consider alternatives and business case, gains needed institution approvals, and works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders. Possess and maintains a strong working knowledge of multi-platform technical environments. Serves as a leader, consultant, mentor, or tutor in many specific technical architecture areas of expertise to staff throughout the Department of Information Technology (IT). Assigns tasks to staff taking into consideration workload balancing, skill sets, technical knowledge, and criticality of the tasks. Serves on appropriate committees, acts as a resource to institutional committees, on an ad hoc basis, provides consultation in their area of expertise, and facilitates institutional work groups.
Leads committees to establish technical standards, promote integration of data, and/or coordination of projects across work units. Provides key input to short and long-term department strategy and budget planning.
Must be customer focused and possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of personnel at various levels within and outside the institution.
Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience including 5 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience.
Advanced expertise in one or more of the following: Business modeling, data design, information systems design, systems integration, and service design. Advanced oral and written communication, organization, problem solving, facilitation, and meeting management skills. Advanced expertise in multiple technologies. Advanced project and deliverable consistency through repeatable and reliable performance. Advanced initiative and self-motivation to complete tasks and assignments on time. Experience working in healthcare technology. Must be able to work independently and able to lead and mentor in a team environment. Masters degree in applicable field preferred.
License or certification
TOGAF 9 Professional Certification is preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $4,327.00, based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
This position is 100% telework within the United States.
We will not sponsor or transfer VISA's for this position.
May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.