Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is looking for an Enterprise Architect to join the Office of the CTO team. This person will provide strategic & technical guidance as a key IT leader to advance Mayo Clinic partnerships, working in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic Platform, Mayo Clinic Ventures, and Mayo Clinic Cloud. This Enterprise Architect will fill the role of a Business/Customer Solution Architect working with customers and partners to utilize the Mayo Clinic Platform and Mayo Clinic Cloud to meet their business goals.
Mayo Clinic Platform is a coordinated portfolio of initiatives, we are unlocking the ever-increasing potential of technology and big data to make connections that were previously difficult to achieve and innovate in new ways, with global impact.
Mayo Clinic Cloud is a partnership between Mayo Clinic and Google Cloud Platform to advanced cloud computing, data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to redefine health care delivery, bringing together global providers and consumers to make health care better.
This Enterprise Architect helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of the Mayo Clinic Cloud – a specialized implementation of Google Cloud Platform.
This Enterprise Architect will provide application design guidance to modernize existing applications or write entirely new applications, with both internal Mayo Clinic and external business partners.
This Enterprise Architect will collaborate with internal and external customers on new application design and implementation to ensure application scalability, reliability, security, privacy, and ongoing operational fitness.
Additionally, this Enterprise Architect will work closely with Mayo Clinic Cloud product management and engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
- Capture the business context playbook for each engagement to help identify business objectives as well as legal, privacy, and technical risks and constraints. This context will inform the architecture and technology solution.
- Work with customers to design and document Cloud-based technical architectures, migration approaches, and application optimizations that enable mission objectives.
- Be a technical advisor and help resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, and sample code to enable customers and their technical teams.
Responsible for technical architecture and recommendations in one or more information technology domains.
Works to ensure that the technology objectives and solutions of the enterprise are aligned to the business mission, strategy, goals, and processes. Ability to establish, maintain, and communicate a technology vision within an Information Technology discipline. Builds a critical mass of support at all levels of the organization and across departments for a given technical direction through talks, articles, blogging, demonstrations, or interpersonal communication. Participates in major technical decisions, develops technical proposals that consider alternatives and business case, gains needed institution approvals, and works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders. Possess and maintains a strong working knowledge of multi-platform technical environments. Serves as a leader, consultant, mentor, or tutor in many specific technical architecture areas of expertise to staff throughout the Department of Information Technology (IT). Assigns tasks to staff taking into consideration workload balancing, skill sets, technical knowledge, and criticality of the tasks. Serves on appropriate committees, acts as a resource to institutional committees, on an ad hoc basis, provides consultation in their area of expertise, and facilitates institutional work groups.
Leads committees to establish technical standards, promote integration of data, and/or coordination of projects across work units. Provides key input to short and long-term department strategy and budget planning.
Must be customer focused and possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of personnel at various levels within and outside the institution.
Bachelor's degree and 8 years' experience including 5 years' of demonstrated technical experience and 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience developing architectures that define the application, technology, and security architecture in a collaborative setting.
- Experience architecting solutions that build and/or leverage AI services.
- Knowledge of automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery.
- Knowledge of real-time data services, including event processing, storage, integration, and APIs using Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies like Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Cloud Run, and Anthos or other Hybrid Cloud technologies like OpenShift.
- Familiarity with security practices like identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate, and key management, particularly with regards to HIPAA and NIST SP800-53 or HITRUST.
License or certification
TOGAF 9 Professional Certification is preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $xxxx.xx, based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
This position is 100% telework within the United States.
We will not sponsor or transfer VISA's for this position.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.