Why Mayo Clinic
Do you enjoy being challenged with complex projects? Are you looking for a great work/life balance? Do you consider yourself the best of the best?
The Custom Applications Development Unit within the Section of Genomics & Bioinformatics Services in the Department of Information Technology has an opening for a Senior Analyst/Programmer to provide Development and Support of Laboratory Custom Applications. The successful candidate will be involved in developing and supporting a variety of Clinical and non-Clinical applications for the Laboratories within the Department of Laboratory Medicine.
We are excited to help grow your skills and hope that you are excited to mentor and grow your teammates within the organization. This senior position requires that you have the ability and the desire to foster a positive culture within the team by promoting knowledge through mentorship and coaching.
- Expertise in the Java and Spring development platforms
- Experience with creating and consuming REST API's
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Proven skills in taking business requirements and formulating those into application solutions
- Agile team development experience
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Experience working in healthcare technology
- Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications
- Masters degree in applicable field preferred
Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across Mayo Clinic. In conjunction with more senior technical staff, develops proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gains needed institutional approvals. Evaluates alternative approaches and presents recommendations to teams and unit leadership. Regularly reviews applications and makes modifications and/or updates to ensure currency and functionality within established environment. Maintains and supports multiple systems or complex software applications and their associated hardware at multiple Mayo Clinic sites. Produces and maintains documentation such as system requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans. Provides technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrates initiative, and works independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities. Works effectively across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders. May interface with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Acts as a liaison to Mayo departments and vendors to adequately support the division’s computing systems. Interfaces routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership. May be required to provide 24/7 on-call support.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience, including 1 year demonstrated technical experience;
Or, Associate’s degree and 7 years’ experience, including 1 year demonstrated technical experience.
- Applies effective system design principles and software development methodologies
- Willingness to carry a 24x7 on-call pager and respond after normal business hours as needed
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task among multiple complex assigned tasks/projects
- Evidence of strong communication, meeting management, and organizational skills and ability to adjust the message as appropriate to the audiences of varying technical capabilities
- Evidence of project management skills
- Possesses an objective and positive attitude with all tasks and projects
- Possesses a high level of project and deliverable consistency through demonstrated repeatable and reliable performance
- Evidence of ability to take initiative and proactive on starting tasks and assignments and ability to work independently
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,318.00, based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday Days
This position is 100% telework within the United States.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.