Why Mayo Clinic
Innovation and compassion are paramount to providing world-class medical care to patients from all over the world. We lean on the variety of perspectives and backgrounds of our colleagues’ to continuously challenge ourselves and to create a workplace that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion. Become part of the legacy that embraces our differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Services Portfolio and Project Services team is seeking a Senior Project Manager to deliver on strategy and goals set by senior Mayo Clinic leadership. The successful candidate must work effectively across department organizations, leadership teams, and external partners to deliver on project objectives. This position requires familiarity with Endpoint infrastructure such as devices, workstation operating systems, and collaboration and management tools. Must be able to communicate effectively between project teams, leadership, and other enterprise stakeholders.
- May contribute to or have project management responsibility for endpoint projects and services.
- Leads projects of very large size and/or high complexity, and/or multiple projects of mixed complexity levels and sizes. May provide support to one or more projects of high complexity as part of a program or portfolio team
- Manages project with budget responsibility up to $5 million, and may require matrix supervision of staff from other IT departments and divisions, and contractor/vendor resources
- Responsible for achieving project objectives and completion on time, on budget, and in conformance to Mayo Clinic enterprise, departmental, and IT methodologies and practices as required
- Ability to work within and between both Waterfall and Agile Scrum frameworks
- Responsible for identifying skills and allocating individuals to the project
- Solicits technological input from senior technical resources assigned to their project team(s), and facilitates technology problem-solving activities
- Works directly with institutional committees and oversight bodies to understand priorities, develop project action plans, facilitate approvals, and work across organizational boundaries to develop and/or implement project proposals that meet the objectives of those groups
- Supports strategic planning and execution of multi-year initiatives that may involve multiple inter-relationships and complexities, requiring the development and execution of complex communication and management plans to achieve
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing projects ranging from simple to difficult complexity while demonstrating increasing scope and depth of responsibilities, and involving multiple technological environments and/or business areas that IT supports, with demonstrated competency in the application of PMI Process Groups and Knowledge Areas or Master’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience managing projects involving Information Technology and/or Healthcare disciplines, ranging from simple to difficult complexity while demonstrating increasing scope and depth of responsibilities, and involving multiple technological environments and/or business areas that IT supports, with demonstrated competency in the application of the PMI Process Groups and Knowledge Areas. Possession of current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or a comparable current certification from a nationally-recognized project management governance body. This certification must be obtained within three (3) years of date of hire.
Advanced certification in project management disciplines, including technology-related methodologies and approaches, is preferred.
Previous experience managing projects involving multiple Information Technology disciplines (servers, workstations, applications, programming, testing, software selection, software deployment) in a Healthcare setting highly desirable.
Scrum master certification from a nationally recognized Agile Scrum governance body is highly desired.
License or certification
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3,735.00, based on a full-time position.
Must be able to work an eight hour shift Monday through Friday.
Weekends are not normally scheduled, but there may be occasional weekend work to help support a project or milestone go live.
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
IT and Engineering
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.