Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
Why Mayo Clinic
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic's mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds. We aim to diversify our workforce to represent the communities we serve and continue to create an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. This commitment to diversity is woven into the fabric of Mayo Clinic — we embrace these values as we serve our patients, employees, students, suppliers, and communities. Become part of the legacy that embraces our differences and enables us to provide the best care to patients from all over the world.
Performs specimen processing in a safe, accurate and professional manner. Prepares various specimens for analysis while maintaining positive patient identification throughout the preparation process. Performs order entry and retrieves and verifies patient collection data and patient special notations using appropriate sources. Performs duties in a professional and ethical manner. Demonstrates professional communication and customer service skills as well as proper technique and etiquette for answering the telephone and providing information. Must be able to learn and utilize multiple computer systems. The individual must demonstrate confidentiality and trustworthiness as well as the ability to deal effectively with people in stressful situations. Must be able to multi-task and be very detailed oriented. Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year or more of laboratory, specimen handling, processing, and/or phlebotomy experience or combination thereof.
- Must have High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strongly prefer candidates with bachelors of science in related field or 1 year of laboratory processing experience.
- Must demonstrate strong specimen processing, handling, and accessioning background.
- Must demonstrate strong excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must show evidence of proper technique and etiquette for answering the telephone and providing information, and patient interaction.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to deal effectively with people in stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate excellent computer skills, familiarity with EMRs, knowledge of medical terminology, and prior exposure to clinical medicine and pathology environment.
- Internal applicants are required to attach their three most recent performance appraisals.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum pay rate is $15.74 per hour.
M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both the physical and technological future of health care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Clinical Labs and Research
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.