The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or graduate of a medical assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma or GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
•Experience working in a team environment
•Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
•Computer skills required
•Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call
•Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
One year LPN/MA experience within the last five years preferred.
License or certification
•Current LPN license by applicable state requirements or
•Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
•Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
•Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday day shift. May include extended hours, holidays, and weekends.
See schedule details
Albert Lea is a community of 18,000 in scenic Southern MN, surrounded by several lakes and located just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis and 60 miles from Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent family amenities include a community focus on education (new high school, superb test scores), 38 city parks, 6 nearby golf courses, cultural events, festivals, performing arts, 250 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, Blazing Star Recreational Trail, and Audubon Nature and Wildlife Preserve. Austin is a community of 23,000 surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 40 minutes west of Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent public and parochial education system, including programming for students with special needs and gifted students. Great recreation options including trout fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, indoor/outdoor tennis, canoeing and golfing.
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).