The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Student or Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or medical assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma or GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
License or certification
•Current LPN license by applicable state requirements or
•Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
•Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
|This position will be .8 FTE (64 hours) in Lake Mills and .2 FTE (16 hours) in Albert Lea|
Generally Monday through Friday day shifts, but may include evening, weekend and holiday hours as needed to cover absences. This position may be required to train to any area of the clinic, including the Same Day Clinic and the regional clinics.
See schedule details
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.