Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2020-2021) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or graduate of a medical assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma or GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
•Experience working in a team environment
•Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
•Computer skills required
•Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call
•Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
One year LPN/MA experience within the last five years preferred.
License or certification
•Current LPN license by applicable state requirements or
•Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
•Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
•Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum rate of pay is $17.70 per hour.
Clinic day shift Monday through Friday with varied start and end times
Saturday rotation in Cannon Falls (8 - noon).
This is a Primary Care position with a home location in Zumbrota however expected to float to other sites in the River Corridor as needed: Red Wing, Lake City, Plainview, Cannon Falls and Ellsworth.
See schedule details.
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).