The licensed practical nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA):
• Provides nursing care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) or other assigned supervisor and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor in meeting the needs of the patient/family.
• Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the RN and/or provider in patient assessment and care planning.
• Participates as a member of the health care team and accepts delegation from the RN/assigned supervisor and provider in meeting needs of the patient/family.
• Delivers care in accordance with the patient care plan, policies and procedures of the organization and principles of relationship-based care.
• Possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and participates on committees or projects.
•Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or graduate of a medical assistant program
•If a Medical Assistant, a High School Diploma/GED is also required
•If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
•Experience working in a team environment
•Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
•Computer skills required
•Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, weekends, and on-call
•Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work
Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
One year LPN/MA experience within the last five years preferred.
License or certification
•Current LPN license by applicable state requirements or
•Current Medical Assistant certification or registration. In the event of no certification or registration and ineligibility to become certified or registered, an ABR-OE or equivalent is required.
•Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
•Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
Clinic Day Shift Hours
This position will primarily work in Internal Medicine, but will be required to cross-cover to Family Medicine and Pediatrics as needed.
Will be required to cross-cover in Faribault if needed.
Not applicable at this time.
Owatonna, Minnesota a thriving community of over 25,000 people, boasting one of the strongest economies in Minnesota. Located just 38 miles west of Rochester, MN and 60 miles south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Owatonna is home to more than 40 industrial business firms as well as the headquarters for Federated Insurance. Minnesota State University, Mankato is located 40 miles west in Mankato as well as renowned private colleges, St. Olaf and Carlton located in Northfield, 35 miles north of Owatonna. Kaplan's Woods Parkway offers 225 acres for hiking, biking, jogging, picnicking and cross-country skiing. Excellent golfing is available at public and private courses, several of which are staffed by full-time golf instructors. For the tennis enthusiast, both outdoor and indoor facilities provide opportunities for year-round participation. Because many residents love music and the arts, the Owatonna Arts Center displays the work of many local and national artists.
Licensed Practical Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.